Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Name and Serve a Corporation in a Lawsuit

Hi,
    i'm trying to file a claim in small claims court against Geico but i can't figure out what should be the right defendant's name and address on petition.

On Geico's website their legal name is "GEICO Corporation" and mailing address is "One GEICO Plaza, Washington, D.C. 20076" but when i'm trying to search California

Secretary of State website (http://kepler.sos.ca.gov) for corporation agent information i can find only "GEICO GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY" with the following details:

Entity Name: GEICO GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY
    Entity Number: C1139884
    Date Filed: 04/19/1983
    Jurisdiction: IOWA
    Entity Address: 5260 WESTERN AVENUE
    Entity City, State, Zip: CHEVY CHASE MD 20815
    Agent for Service of Process: C T CORPORATION SYSTEM
    Agent Address: 818 W 7TH ST STE 930
    Agent City, State, Zip: LOS ANGELES CA 90017

I'm confused what name and address should i fill in petition??? what is CT Corporation System listed as their agent?? I need to contact constable in the county where Geico is doing business but i can't understand where is it:-)

I'm from Houston, TX by the way and the car accident happened here in Houston.

Thanks in advance for your help

Default Re: Small Claims Case Filing Against Geico

Why are you even looking at California?

If you're suing them in Texas, you use this agent for service:

Matthew J Zuraw
    2280 N Greenville Ave
    Richardson TX 75082 -4412

Default Re: How to Name and Serve a Corporation in a Lawsuit

Why are you suing Geico instead of whomever caused the accident?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Why are you suing Geico instead of whomever caused the accident?
    I would hazard a guess, unless he's really accident prone, that it has to do with his other thread. http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195284

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    I would hazard a guess, unless he's really accident prone, that it has to do with his other thread. http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195284
    but that still does not explain why he is suing an insurance company rather than the at fault party.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    but that still does not explain why he is suing an insurance company rather than the at fault party.
    Cause he doesn't understand how it works?

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Cause he doesn't understand how it works?
    here's the story: driver at-fault has liability limit $25 000. The damages to my car exceeded 25k and i'm trying to claim LOSS OF USE expenses so i can either sue the driver or use my underinsured/ uninsured motorist coverage from Geico (which i actually prefer). Geico doesn't want to accept my LOSS of USE claim - i ask them to explain why. They just ignore me. Tried to send them demand letter - again no response. So will try to sue Geico

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Why are you even looking at California?

If you're suing them in Texas, you use this agent for service:

Matthew J Zuraw
    2280 N Greenville Ave
    Richardson TX 75082 -4412
    where did you get this info? Can i really use his name in petition?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=geico+registered+agent+texas&l=1

You name GEICO but you list this agent as where the service goes to.

For the basics of making an underinsured motorist claim, read this.
    Quote Quoting ivasergey
    View Post
    i'm trying to claim LOSS OF USE expenses so i can either sue the driver or use my underinsured/ uninsured motorist coverage from Geico (which i actually prefer).
    Texas has two forms of underinsured motorist coverage:

Bodily injury underinsured motorist coverage pays for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disfigurement, and permanent or partial disability beyond the other party's policy limits.

Property damage underinsured motorist coverage pays for auto repairs, a rental car, and damage to items in your car, beyond the policy limits.

If you chose to purchase coverage only for bodily injury, and not for property damage, that would explain the denial of your claim.

But wait -- now that I look at your prior thread, you've already told us why your claim has been denied -- you made a claim through your own insurance company and settled that claim, without following proper procedures for establishing an underinsured motorist claim.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    For the basics of making an underinsured motorist claim, read this.

Texas has two forms of underinsured motorist coverage:

Bodily injury underinsured motorist coverage pays for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disfigurement, and permanent or partial disability beyond the other party's policy limits.

Property damage underinsured motorist coverage pays for auto repairs, a rental car, and damage to items in your car, beyond the policy limits.

If you chose to purchase coverage only for bodily injury, and not for property damage, that would explain the denial of your claim.

But wait -- now that I look at your prior thread, you've already told us why your claim has been denied -- you made a claim through your own insurance company and settled that claim, without following proper procedures for establishing an underinsured motorist claim.
    my policy includes both - bodily injury and property damage underinsured motorist coverage. You're right - i've used my collision damage coverage from Geico but it doesn't cover LOSS of USE expenses (rental car expenses). So now i'm trying to file another claim under my underinsured motorist coverage in order to reimburse rental car expenses (or loss of use). Geico don't accept it

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=geico+registered+agent+texas&l=1

You name GEICO but you list this agent as where the service goes to.
    great. thank you very much for help. and what address should i use in petition ? Geico's headquarter or agent's address? just want to make sure everything is correct ...

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast