Post Asked to Vacate an Apartment After Making Noise Complaints

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: New Jersey

I have been asked by my landlord verbally to move out of apartment because he doesn't feel like resolving my noise complaint that i have been having since 1 year from the tenants living above me. I want to leave his apartment too but he has been holding my 1.5 months of deposit and i want to give notice of intent to vacate in which i want to clearly mention that it was him (landlord) who have asked me to move out and i want to clearly mention the reasons why he is asking me to move out. The building does not have proper insulation and along with me other tenants have also called cops on noisy neighbors several times, yet landlord hasn't done anything to resolve the noise issue. The last thing i want before leaving is the landlord withholding my deposit and therefore i want him to sign my "notice of intent to vacant" the apartment so by that i have some proof saying why i am vacating the apartment ? Not sure if this is the right thing to do but i would appreciate if someone could provide me some suggestion on how to execute this properly ?

Default Re: Asked to Vacate an Apartment After Making Noise Complaints

If you're a month-to-month tenant, there's no need to sweat the details. Give your notice and move.

If you're on a lease and your landlord is asking you to move out before the lease term, as your landlord to issue to you a document releasing you from the lease as of the agreed move-out date.

1. Sponsored Links