Default Radar Speeding Ticket for Going 65 in a 35, VC 22350

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California.

I am only 17 and only have a provisional license. This is my first violation and have no other "points" on my record I was caught going 65 in a 35 on my way home from work on a relatively empty street in Moraga On my ticket Misdemeanor box is not checked, and the officer said he wasnt going to charge me with reckless driving only because he was having a good day (He said that was like 23103 or something) My main question is am I going to lose my license/ have it suspended? And if so, for how long?

I work so I have money to pay a fine and I have time afterschool where I can do community service so that isnt an issue But losing my license IS a big issue for me as I drive to work, and drive myself and my sister to school BTW I understand what I was doing is stupid and unforgivable and I am sorry. Ask if you need any more details

Default Re: 22350 Violation in California, Going 65 in a 35, It is on Radar

Well, he did not do you a favor by not charging you for reckless driving because speed, alone, cannot be used for a reckless driving offense. So, he fibbed to you.

But, given the high insurance you (or your parents) already pay, my suggestion would be to plead guilty and ask for traffic school. Yeah, you'll pay through the nose for fines and fees ($350+), but, you can keep the insurance hit from happening de to a point on your license.

There is no reason to suspend your license for one point.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

I had heard Traffic School wasnt an option if going more than 25 over the speed limit, will it be available?

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Quote Quoting Shooby
    View Post
    I had heard Traffic School wasnt an option if going more than 25 over the speed limit, will it be available?
    Traffic school isn't an option for going more than 25 miles an hour over the speed limit and yes, you could have your license suspended for a minimum of 30 days if not until you're 18
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

1. Sponsored Links