My question involves a marriage in the state of: Texas

Husband of 11 years and I separated 7 months ago. We have three kids together. I left the home (without the children) due to years of emotional abuse. There is a history of physical violence as well. He locked me out of bank accounts, the house, took the car, is demanding child support from me (there have been NO official proceedings as of yet), refuses to let me see my children, and is seeking to show that I am an unfit mother on the grounds that I abandoned my children (I talk to them every single day and see them as often as he allows). He has informed me several different times that his lawyer and him are going to pursue a restraining order against me, take all rights to my children from me, and he has spent a lot of time spreading lies and calling me names. He is prior military and recently (in the past two weeks) disclosed to me that he has PTSD but has no formal diagnosis because he threatened not to get treatment from the VA for anything, so instead he has a formal diagnosis of anxiety (he has medication for this).

I have applied for Legal Aid and have been denied due to lack of resources. I cannot afford to hire a lawyer because I was a SAHM for 5 of the 7 years we have had children. I cannot afford to even file for divorce. He has Legal Shield, so he has legal help. I am living with my sister in the same city as my husband and children. I guess what I am trying to get at here is that I don't know what my rights are. I have had two free consultations in the past two months, but the only thing I have learned is that Texas is a property state and that desertion of children requires that I not have contact with them at all for extended periods of time.