Default What are the Consequences to Having a Juvenile Record as a Runaway

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Texas. My son is being aided by his grandparents they have moved him out of their home and put him in an apartment they will not give me access to him they bought him a car there homeschooling him they moved his girlfriend in with him who is 15 when she moved in and is now 16 . Her mother consent to her living with him his grandparents are giving him every incentive to stay out of my home where I have rules structure and only way I can get punishment for the grandparents who have created this problem is by reporting him as a runaway but if I do that how will that impact his future I don't like what's going on right now I'm his only Guardian I love him greatly but all my wishes are being ignored by him and his grandparents they are vindictive and narcissistic I think they should be punished legally but I'm afraid for Kyle the punishment be greater then the crime

This case has so many levels one of the issues I'm struggling with is that his mother was killed in a car accident when he was 9 he was in the car with her and suffered watched her die. I have protected him and maybe did a disservice but not always punishing him when it was necessary but I did my best and showed him love. He is now 17 I am remarried and his grandparents hate my new wife she has expectations she has rules and it brought a lot of order to our household it was just kind of a bachelor pad. His grandparents feel like they should have everything he wants Everytime We grounded him they told him that she didn't have the right and basically undermined it our Authority that is what caused the friction now next year when Kyle turns 18 will have access to his annuity that I helped to secure for him after his mother's death. Right now the adults in his life and the young lady and his life I'm not giving him good advice and I'm concerned that they'll exploit him because he is a rescuer.

Default Re: What are the Consequences to Having a Juvenile Record as a Runaway

At the age of 17, your son is no longer under the jurisdiction of a Texas juvenile court. He thus cannot be adjudicated to be a runaway.

I believe the age of consent in Texas is 17. If he is reported, his girlfriends age and the fact that they are living together could cause him problems that no one would want him to have.

Quote Quoting Joshua's biggest fear
    View Post
    My son is being aided by his grandparents they have moved him out of their home
    Why was he living with his grandparents instead of with you? For how long?

1. Sponsored Links