Default Can Your Ex's Creditors Go After the Marital Home if He Declares Bankruptcy

I divorced my ex- and in the settlement I was awarded the marital home. I am the only owner on the deed, although he is still on the mortgage. He is now declaring bankruptcy.

I am selling my home. Can his creditors try to get the equity from the home for his debts?

Default Re: Can Your Ex's Creditors Go After the Marital Home if He Declares Bankruptcy

Your post makes it appear that the divorce is not recent. Unless it is recent, the manner in which your marital estate was divided is not likely to provide your ex's creditors with a means of attacking your settlement. Absent some highly unusual facts, the equity is yours to keep.

1. Sponsored Links