Default Will Insurance Cover an Accident Caused by Driver With a Suspended License

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: north carolina. I was in an accident single car that i borrowed from my roommate to go to work. I totaled it and that was a week ago i just found out my license was suspended at the time. Will insurance pay for her car? I didnt know they were suspended or i wouldnt have been driving.

Default Re: Will Insurance Cover an Accident Caused by Driver With a Suspended License

Very likely not.

Default Re: Will Insurance Cover an Accident Caused by Driver With a Suspended License

What do i need to do

Start saving your pennies.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Very likely not.
    Disagree.

If the owner has collision coverage, her insurance will pay for her car.

Personal auto policies don't have any exclusions or limitations for unlicensed drivers.

However, it's possible that her insurance company could come after the OP for reimbursement (subrogation).

I interpreted the OP's question to mean, would HER (the OP's) insurance cover the claim.

I was driving no insurance no car i borrowed her car to go to work i totaled it by losing control i just found out license suspeneded will her insurance cover even if they come after me for repayment

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I interpreted the OP's question to mean, would HER (the OP's) insurance cover the claim.
    Your right but for the wrong reason. If the OP had auto insurance it wouldn't cover the wrecked car but not due to lack of driver license.

The Property Damage Liability section excludes property damage to property "used by" or "in the care of" the insured.

The Collision Coverage section excludes coverage for a "non-owned auto" if it's provided for the "regular" use of the insured or limits coverage to a "temporary substitute vehicle" when the insured's vehicle is out of normal use because of "breakdown, repair, servicing, loss or destruction."

Above are common policy provisions found in all personal auto policies. You'll find the same, or similar, provisions in your own policy.

Quote Quoting Sunshine76rn
    View Post
    I was driving no insurance no car i borrowed her car to go to work i totaled it by losing control i just found out license suspeneded will her insurance cover even if they come after me for repayment
    Yes.

1. Sponsored Links