Default Do You Have to Pay Rent for Subsidized Housing if You Have No Income

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: ny

I live Subsidized Housing. I have not had income since March. I've been on SSD for 30 years. Now I will get it back in October. I was talking to a friend about this.
    She said that I don't have to pay for the months I did NOT have income. I thought I would have to pay back rent. I still think that. Is it true what said?

Default Re: Do You Have to Pay Rent for Subsidized Housing if You Have No Income

You need to contact the agency that subsidizes your rent and ask them that question.

Default Re: Do You Have to Pay Rent for Subsidized Housing if You Have No Income

Oh I didn't have a voucher from any agency. I just moved into the complex because it was low income housing. I only have contact with the manager of the complex and gave checks for my rent to her. I will be getting back income from SSI sometime this week in the mail.

You just can't blow off paying your rent (even in subsidized or low income housing) just because you claim you don't have income. You need to do what AJ says.

Then you need to be talking to the manager. Have they said anything about your missed rent?

1. Sponsored Links