Default Re: Deported and still here

If your child was born in the United States, she's a citizen.

As for you and your spouse, you're sitting at the bottom of a cavernous hole you dug for yourselves. If you have any chance of getting out, it will likely be through the assistance of a very good immigration lawyer. You may wish to start by going back to the lawyer who helped you before.

[Split from this thread]

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post

As for you and your spouse, you're sitting at the bottom of a cavernous hole you dug for yourselves. If you have any chance of getting out, it will likely be through the assistance of a very good immigration lawyer. You may wish to start by going back to the lawyer who helped you before.
    Aaron, I thought there were fairly recent changes to this that a situation such as this (child born in the U.S. to illegal aliens) made it so the child was not considered legal simply because of the U.S. birth.

My misunderstanding possibly or maybe simplly heard some legislative attempt to change this.

Your thoughts possibly if you have time.

All children born in the United States are citizens of the United States, even if their parents are not. There are many who want to change that fact, but it has not been changed (and most people accept that change would require not just legislation, but constitutional amendment - "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.").

thanks Aaron.

It must have been on one of those left wing extremist websites I heard about but never visit

The wording of the constitution is often debated as to its intent. I believe the arguement was that the "and subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S." allowed the exclusion of children born of illegal immigrants as automatically being declared a citizen of the U.S.

http://www.yalefedsoc.org/archives/2...ct_to_the.html

Maybe that was a left wing extremist senators website I was at

anyway, thanks for the link.

Now about that "subject to the jurisdiction" thing. Aren't native Americans......

well, I think that is another issue already decided.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    thanks Aaron.

It must have been on one of those left wing extremist websites I heard about but never visit

The wording of the constitution is often debated as to its intent. I believe the arguement was that the "and subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S." allowed the exclusion of children born of illegal immigrants as automatically being declared a citizen of the U.S.

http://www.yalefedsoc.org/archives/2...ct_to_the.html

Maybe that was a left wing extremist senators website I was at

anyway, thanks for the link.

Now about that "subject to the jurisdiction" thing. Aren't native Americans......

well, I think that is another issue already decided.
    Don't you mean RIGHT wing?

Quote Quoting elorei
    View Post
    Don't you mean RIGHT wing?
    I have been a right winger all my life? Say it isn;t so. I always thought I was a radical.

Definitions of right-wing" on the Web:
    • The above term refers to a political party or its supporters who would generally oppose political change or reform. A right-wing party generally opposes large-scale government ownership of business activities.
      www.tomgreengop.org/politicalterms.htm
    Definitions of left-wing on the Web:
    • The above term describes a political party or one of its members who advocates social change. A left-wing party will normally advocate greater public ownership of the means of production and an extensive system of social security.
      www.tomgreengop.org/politicalterms.htm
    I would suppose it could be either. Support of the constitution and refining it's intent could be considered a right-wing position but looking to change the status-quo by redefining the intent would seem to be a left wing position.

Now I'm so totally confused. Next thing you know I'll be voting Republican. You know that McCain guy does look pretty good and sound.

OMG! Where's my gun. I can;t take this any more. It's time to leave all this behind. (Now that has to be a left wing attitude. The right wingers want to take them all away)

1. Sponsored Links