Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Felony Charges Have Been Pending for Two Years With No Trial Scheduled

Is there a time limit on how long they can keep us in limbo without us pressuring them? Our lawyer said he dont want to piss the DA off, i dont know I've never been to court and our lawyer is good so i just kinda go with what he says. I guess its easier for him to let time go by, their witnesses are indians and they move a lot, theyve done lost two.

Default Re: Felony Charges Have Been Pending for Two Years With No Trial Scheduled

As you have already been told, if you don't want your lawyer to continue to agree to adjournments, you need to tell your lawyer that you want him to stop agreeing to adjournments and to assert your speedy trial rights.

Memories....
    Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You can speak with your lawyer about asserting your speedy trial rights and why it might be better to waive those rights. See Ruffin v. State, 663 S.E.2d 189 (2008).

One more question. If someone testifies against one of the persons that got charged with me. Will it hurt me as well, even if he says nothing and excludes me in the testimony? We are charged with commercial gambling and conspiracy to commit commercial gambling.

Maybe.

It has been over 5 years now, still no court date set.

One good thing so far is that they charged us with using Illegal gambling machines based on the fact that said 'legal' machines turned into illegal machines upon payment of cash. The GA court of appeals has rejected that notion in the fact that their is no provision in our laws that says legal machines become illegal upon cash payment - in fact it states that cash payment is a misdemeanor. Our civil case should be over soon since it hasn't been tried in over 5 years the lawyer said he can get us out of it in another month or so. Hopefully once they lose all 'forfeitures' they will just drop the criminal case.

Any thoughts?

Link to court of appeals case mentioned: https://www.gaappeals.us/docket/resu...e_num=A19A0426

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2