Question Can You Become a Representative Payee if You Have an Expunged Felony Conviction

I will be receiving SSDI for my own disability and applied for benefits for minor son (who is not disabled). I can receive benefits to assist in taking care of him while I am disabled. The SSA worker and I were both stumped as to whether I can be a representative payee for my son's benefits if I was convicted of a "barred" offense for which I served no jail or prison time and was reduced to a misdemeanor and expunged over a year ago. I've searched and searched the web for an answer but could not find one. Apparently my case is an anomaly. Thank you for your response.

Default Re: Can You Become a Representative Payee if You Have an Expunged Felony Conviction

Read this. As the meaning of the term "expungment" varies by state, you will need to identify for us the state in which the expungement was granted.

1. Sponsored Links