Default Who is Responsible for the Cost of Maintaining a Shared Right-of-Way

My question involves personal property located in the State of: North Carolina.

I live on a gravel road that is shared by 4 families, and only I maintain the road. I have approached the other families for assistance and they refuse to help or pay for grading and graveling. Are they legal or can I force them to pay for my services ?

Thanks

Default Re: 4 Homes One Right of Way, Who is Responsible for Maintenance

I don't think you can compel your neighbors to maintain the road unless they agree to or the property deeds require it. Have you looked into getting the County or the DOT into taking over the road?

Default Re: Who is Responsible for the Cost of Maintaining a Shared Right-of-Way

Look at the granting language for the right-of-way. Exactly what does it say about maintenance of the right-of-way and the division of costs?

1. Sponsored Links