Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Can I Sue 911 Send Sheriff Rather Than Calling Me Like I Asked, Now I Am Evicted

Quote Quoting mydefenseplease
    View Post
    a long time ago I was pulled over in my car and setup by the policeman who radioed a name in that sounded like mine that they knew had warrants, 7 warrants. In the end another county paid out on the lawsuite to me, because the officers behind this claimed the dispatcher in the other county misheard them. I had demanded that the officer that pulled me over radio my name in again, and he refused.
    The "legal aid" agency that "represented" me would not let me introduce evidence into the eviction hearing, also, would not listen to my saying "No!", and "NO!!!! IF I GO YOUR WAY I HAVE A FEELING I WILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE", 5 no's, 45 minutes of me stating what rights I have that are in the statutes, all the while her putting her head on the table looking like she wanted to goto sleep. Later, after this forced zero defense they then said they would not help in an appeal, and sent a letter stating so, so I studied it but it became so deep, and there was not enought time, and then I was too late.. They would not even tell me how long I had to appeal within.
    I'm getting the distinct vibe that your version of events differs greatly from the record ...

Default Re: Can I Sue 911 Send Sheriff Rather Than Calling Me Like I Asked, Now I Am Evicted

View Post
    Now do you see? I did not call about any theft that day, I called about firewood and am now evicted.
    Nothing about that gives you any claim to sue the police, the 911 dispatcher, or anyone else in the county government. Whether it was a miscommunication or whatever, the reason for the officer going out there doesn’t matter. The police are allowed to come out and investigate complaints that they receive. They do not have to honor your request to call first or to come only at a time you want them to come. None of the things the 911 dispatch or what the sheriff’s deputy did here was a violation of any of your civil rights.

Your landlord may evict you if you have failed to pay the rent, have in some other way materially breached the lease, or the lease has been terminated and you are a holdover tenant (i.e. you stayed past the termination date). The landlord may not evict you only because you called the police and an officer came out to you home. So it matters a great deal what reason the landlord provided for the eviction. If the landlord has a legitimate reason for eviction and proves it to the court then none of this stuff about the officer coming to your home makes any difference. I can’t really tell from what you said here what the landlord specifically said was the reason for eviction. All you said was something about him asking you to install something, which you did, then you were asked to remove that same thing and the landlord complains you didn’t do it. That’s kind of vague and doesn’t really tell me what the basis was for the eviction. In any event, to avoid eviction you either need to rebut the reason the landlord gives for the eviction or find some serious error that the landlord made in following the eviction process. None of this really involves that visit from the officer, and I think your focus on that is diverting your attention from the real issues at hand.

Attorneys are educated and trained in legal matters, you are not. You are the one creating most of the problems by thinking that you know more than the attorneys.

"14:10 [1] RPS LANDLORD HAS BEEN STEALING FROM THE RP""

"Now do you see? I did not call about any theft that day, I called about firewood and am now evicted."

Quote Quoting geek
    View Post
    You still didn't answer the question about what your eviction papers say regarding the reason for eviction.
    sorry about that, I just went out to my van and got the papers:
    It says " rented specific area but will not remove items from area not designated for tenant use"

I hope you all read.. I will clarify again. He said I could use this area and two times asked me to move my things around in that area, but never told me to remove them. Also he had mentioned his shelf in my rented area which I moved to where he wanted it in his area, all the while his 50 gallon aquarium tank that is now half disolved still sits in my area, and he had said he would move it out of my area. it is filled with hundreds of dead asian beetles. it has now a scummy layer on its water's surface and is really a horrible site..

The basement was infested badly with these things, there were a few when I first got here but it only got worst, I had spent many
    hours vacumming them off the windows, ceilings, door and walls. daily.. they would get into whatever I was drinking a few times and into my mouth.

Please tell me this.. the time is ticking down on me.. what was a place I wanted to look at to move to today turned out as a fail.

It is getting cold already, in Minnesota. this will be a bad winter and I am scared of becoming homeless, 3 or 4 nites ago the LL said he wanted me to stay.. I am repeating myself.. *Sigh*

can he undo what he did to me in court?

there is the first repair order that is not fullfilled at all, and expired, what can I do about that? legal aid wont help. It was expired before my eviction court hearing!!!.

another repair order with around 15 things on it will also expire in around 4 days, does this guy NOT have to do anything right and can still get away with it?

If you read earlier, my response to his wanting me to stay was that I do not want to go through another winter with no heat here.

But going homeless on purpose is sort of like suicide here, with me.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    I'm getting the distinct vibe that your version of events differs greatly from the record ...
    I an DEAD serious! this all the truth!

@nerrygrace
    yes they are and no I am not.

I did know my rights and the statutes supporting them and the legal aid attorney would not let me introduce any evidence or facts.

It took around a week before I got an answer from her to my queston of "why did you "change from getting thrown out of court" into zero defense.. the details on this are already typed by me. She told me she switched on me because "the home owners son was with the landlord in court".

I suffered through several summers and winters in ND. You're sitting there trying to tell me that the weather is already getting cold in MN? Show me. Please, show me - because I'm sitting here looking at weather reports for the past two weeks and the forecast for the next two weeks and, my friend, you're either straight up trolling us at this point or you need help that no website can provide. It's warmer there than it is here on the west coast ...

So which is it?

Here is page 3 of the eviction paper where he has his reason, note that a lot is not filled out

https://s3.postimg.org/zfdxb7nzn/Eviction3.jpg

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    I suffered through several summers and winters in ND. You're sitting there trying to tell me that the weather is already getting cold in MN? Show me. Please, show me - because I'm sitting here looking at weather reports for the past two weeks and the forecast for the next two weeks and, my friend, you're either straight up trolling us at this point or you need help that no website can provide. It's warmer there than it is here on the west coast ...

So which is it?
    yes it is, anyone around here would agree, I had this subject/conversation with my cousin today, last nite it was 68 here, tonite it is 72, it is starting early I feel. If you recall within my posts one major problem living here has been the heat, or lack of it.
    Tell me, what temp do you run your house at in the winter? people are different!

View Post
    Here is page 3 of the eviction paper where he has his reason, note that a lot is not filled out

https://s3.postimg.org/zfdxb7nzn/Eviction3.jpg

yes it is, anyone around here would agree, I had this subject/conversation with my cousin today, last nite it was 68 here, tonite it is 72, it is starting early I feel. If you recall within my posts one major problem living here has been the heat, or lack of it.
    Tell me, what temp do you run your house at in the winter? people are different!
    You've just answered my question. Also of note, the date on those papers is July 18th.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    You've just answered my question. Also of note, the date on those papers is July 18th.
    yes, the 18th as I stated, when I was served it, when I photographed it and sent it to the legal aid attorney who never returned any contact with me during the whole week.

https://s15.postimg.org/4ko8iifgr/temps.jpg

Is it that you think I am lying about suing the cops?

I asked how do I enforce that the repairs be court ordered in one of the very early posts, can someone please give me some clues on how I do this?

No one is making you to live there. There are homeless shelters. You also have family you might be able to stay with. Part of the problem with you not finding a place is probably not having a good rent history,& good references.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3