Default Driver's License Suspension for Failure to Fulfill Interlock Requirements

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: fl/az
    About 8 years ago I moved out to AZ and went to college. I ended up with a DUI, and needed a interlock in my car for a year. So the company did not report some of my calibrations and they flagged me for non compliance. Well after a year I got it out, and moved back to Florida. I still had a valid Florida license so I didn't think anything of it. Well when it has finally come time to renew AZ is telling me I need the interlock for another year, which has suspended me in az which ultimately suspends me here. Az says I need an interloak here and I need to report to them for another year, they won't lift the suspension otherwise. I would need to reinstate after they get a fax saying I have got it installed and then I would need to renew my Az license so I can reinstate my Florida license. I don't even live there, mind you. Is there any arizona law that will let me just completely relinquish my driving rights there forever. I never plan on going back, nm driving in that state. I just want some legal advice on what you do, just seems extensive especially considering the length of time that has past and no driving tickets since!

Default Re: Florida State Issue

The AZ statutes addressing ignition interlocks are:

28-1321
    28-1385
    28-1401 through 28-1403
    28-1461 through 28-1467
    28-3319

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/Arizona...s.asp?Title=28

If those don't shed any light on your situation I suggest you contact an AZ DUI lawyer for assistance.

Default Re: Driver's License Suspension for Failure to Fulfill Interlock Requirements

Check Arizona's approved interlock providers to see if any can provide services in Florida and report compliance back to Arizona.

1. Sponsored Links