Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do You Need a Divorce if Your Marriage is Null and Void

My question involves a marriage in the state of:Virginia

How can someone get a divorce in Virginia if their marriage was null and void to begin with?? Due to previous Marriage by wife that was withheld from me. I had to find out on my own through NSO and received the legal marriage documents In the mail showing her marriage to another prior to our marriage. Philippines marriage which is recognized by the USA and vise versa. Divorce is Illegal and does not exist in the Philippines only annulments and there is NO record of annulment for her. Not that there could be since she got married the same day her passport was stamped to come to USA. I met her here btw her mom was a neighbor of mine and is how we met. We just got a non contested divorce I was Cohersed and bullied into signing it but felt it was Invalid anyway.

My Main Question How can you divorce someone that by law you were never married to in the first place???? Someone help me out here thanks.

VA Code 20-43 Bigamous marriages void without decree.
    All marriages which are prohibited by law on account of either of the parties having a former wife or husband then living shall be absolutely void, without any decree of divorce, or other legal process.

Default Re: Divorce and Annulments in Virginia

Quote Quoting destroyed1
    View Post
    My question involves a marriage in the state of:Virginia

My Main Question How can you divorce someone that by law you were never married to in the first place????
    There was a record of a marriage between you and your wife in the U.S., as a I assume that is where you two married. You could have sought to have that marriage declared void by the courts as a result of your wife’s bigamy, but you didn’t do that, you went through with the divorce. Either way, you are not now married to her, so the end result is the same. It’s likely too late to undo that divorce and seek to have the marriage declared void instead, if that is where you are going with this. And even if you could, I don’t see any advantage to you to go through the trouble and expense to pursue it.

Thanks for your reply but it still doesn't answer my question. A record or legal process.

All marriages which are prohibited by law on account of either of the parties having a former wife or husband then living shall be absolutely void, without any decree of divorce, or other legal process.

Decree:
    noun
    a formal and authoritative order, especially one having the force of law:
    a presidential decree.
    Law. a judicial decision or order.

Legal:
    adjective
    permitted by law; lawful:
    Such acts are not legal.
    of or relating to law; connected with the law or its administration:
    the legal profession.
    appointed, established, or authorized by law; deriving authority from law.

VA Code 20-43 is a Law Right??

You said "You could have sought to have that marriage declared void by the courts as a result of your wife’s bigamy". The Law says "absolutely void, without any decree of divorce, or other legal process".

I guess I will reword my Question. Why do I need a divorce or annulment by legal process if the LAW clearly states I do not need one????

Look, you went through a divorce, consented to the divorce (if you signed off on it you consented), and finalized the divorce. Why are you questioning things now?

What I went through was not a Divorce, I went through Hell as a victim of Fraud. I see who you are now. Consenting to something that is Void before it evan began??? I am looking for Others responses, Different types of Lawyers That Care About the Absolute difinitive Laws and following them how they are written. I never said i was going to do anything else, I just want to know the Absolute Truth of the LAW. I can sign a form saying a cheeseburger is a hotdog, but it doesnt change the fact that the hotdog is a HOTDOG.

Quote Quoting destroyed1
    View Post

You said "You could have sought to have that marriage declared void by the courts as a result of your wife’s bigamy". The Law says "absolutely void, without any decree of divorce, or other legal process".
    That’s true, but if you don’t go to court to have it declared void or seek a divorce, that still leaves you with a potential problem: the public record would still show you as married to her, with nothing to show that the marriage was terminated or void. That will lead others to think that you are indeed still married. And if, as it sounds, you did not bring the divorce action then if you did not want the divorce you would have had to defend in the action by asking the court to declare the marriage void and dismiss the divorce action. So while the marriage was void without going to court, nevertheless you may have needed the court action to prevent other problems.

Quote Quoting destroyed1
    View Post
    What I went through was not a Divorce, I went through Hell as a victim of Fraud. I see who you are now. Consenting to something that is Void before it evan began??? I am looking for Others responses, Different types of Lawyers That Care About the Absolute difinitive Laws and following them how they are written. I never said i was going to do anything else, I just want to know the Absolute Truth of the LAW. I can sign a form saying a cheeseburger is a hotdog, but it doesnt change the fact that the hotdog is a HOTDOG.

But when it comes to actions in court, you generally only get one shot at it. And if you consent to the divorce, then that’s what you get: a divorce. Even though the marriage was void, the court did not know that and took the representations of the parties that there was a marriage and proceeded with the divorce action. You knew before the divorce was granted that she was already married. You could have raised the issue in the divorce action if you wanted a different outcome. But you didn’t. So you may be stuck with the outcome now. If you don’t plan to do anything else, then I am not sure what it is you really want to know. Yes, your marriage to her was void if she was already married to someone else at the time she married you. But since neither your nor your wife made the court aware of that, the court certainly could issue a divorce because you represented to the court you were married.

BTW I did not go to court for anything final, Appears all they needed was a signature I guess. Couldn't afford a lawyer they took all the money. Bigamy is not something that allows you the benefit of a pro bono, or any other victims compensation. and at $20 - $100 per consultation fee, Why would a lawyer even need to go to court at all? Just make $60k a year doing consultations that you don't feel qualified to help. If we had a centralized database of marriages in the USA like every other continent on the planet none of this would have happened in the first place. If i have the bride or grooms info and their parents name I can find out almost anywhere in the world if they are married or not. Here in USA they can be married one county over and you will never know unless check every single county. Thousands in USA.

Thank You so much. Finally a straight forward honest answer. Because it messes up our system and the records within our system and causes future problems for everyone. A system already so messed up and broken where you can get married to 25 people in different Virginia counties without our system even knowing about it until someone says something or shows proof. I have my proof to carry around Previous certified marriage documents of her real marriage. But I do need to file an annulment so the records in our system don't get even more messed up than they already are. BIGAMY is a Crime that causes unrecoverable damage to the victims and should not be connected to any kind of divorce type preceding s. Bigamy requires annulment not divorce for so many reasons.

Note: I do understand why many go the divorce route, Financial, Children, etc etc. Sometimes Bigamy is not Intentional but mistakes and things missed. My situation is not one of those, It was Intentional. My continuing actions are not for financial reasons. My actions are to STOP INTENTIONAL BIGAMY and fraud by yelling as loud as i can so our country recognizes that it is a serious issue here and Americans are losing everything to this scam.

Thank you Taxing Matters,

Reply to my own thread ugh. Please others talk about this Anything you see that either concern's you or you might relate to? I Have about 30 - 90 days left in my situation before I am homeless or dead. I been there before because of these scammers. One would think the Laws will protect you? Unfortunately the law protects those that can afford it. It is possible to steal so much from another that they can not afford to fight back. Look at our law enforcement now, they are scared to even do their job anymore. Our current administration has injected so many into our system that do not care about you or the law. They are in your DMV, State department, Etc.

Here is what USA did. They sent people to other countries to teach them the right and wrong way to enter USA. Rooms Pack Full there to learn, but what they are learning is not how to follow the rules, they are learning how to bypass them. Many of these countries and places our representatives think the people they are teaching are ignorant. When In fact These people out of the jungles are very smart and have lived a life under extreme circumstances to survive, Lie Cheat, Steal. So our country thinks that in a whim they are going to give up their survival skills "LIE,CHEAT,STEAL" Because of a seminar telling them how to do it properly. Their entire life is based on survival. Lie,Cheat, Steal. Our system so ignorant thinks oh lets send someone in to teach them in one day how to do it the proper way. What they think is, USA thinks we are stupid Because we live in the jungle. Fact from my travels and experience is They know our system better than we do. Because we told them. Asia, South America etc not matter all same. These people from afar are extremely Intelligent Regardless of our own Ignorant government. Shame, Entire USA fooled by those in most cases from the jungle. Example : Philippines over 7000 islands but they know if you are married or not. Here not even 10 miles away completely clueless. The rest of the world owns us because our system is so messed up. My son now 13 deserves better than this here in USA. You greedy lawyers that want to separate out parts of a clients issues to make more money, Make as much as you can real fast because without a country or government where you going to be? How about finding and noticing issues that your clients share to try and fix our system, instead of using it to your $$$ advantage. How about we make Crimes Illegal again?

Doesn't speak English well guess what, There English is better than most Americans because In most cases it was primary to learn in their schools. Salvadorean, Philippines, Korea, etc. English was mandatory. What language is mandatory in USA? Only English. The supposed ignorant people of the world are multi lingual while we are easy targets because our government thinks they are Ignorant. Our government sends representatives to various countries to teach them the right and wrong way. On the inside they are laughing at us for being so ignorant. South america In no way are we smarter than they are. Asia, Forget about being smarter than they are. Is not the general population of the USA that is Ignorant. It is those In power that are Ignorant and controlling the very outcome of so many in USA. Example: Lets teach those in the Philippines how to live properly so that they might immigrate to USA and become major contributors in science, etc. Ignorant USA thinks they need teaching, They will listen because they are learning. On the Inside thinking how arrogant USA is that we need to be taught. I have been around so many cultures and USA is doomed because of those making huge amounts of $$$ because supposedly the smartest. Lawyers Can you not have a good life on 100k a year? Can you contribute part of your life to make USA better? The way things are going you wont have any clients left to make $$$.

We in USA do not even even follow our own laws, How are we suppose to maintain our way of life against those that trick our system, Utilize the information we gave to them to bypass our rules. I beg all you lawyers and judges to please get smart and be warry, We live here our country, Please do not let those from afar defeat us.

My son is now 13 He is now able to speak the truth yet our system Still very broken. My son and I are very connected and is a shame he has had to go through all of this being used as a tool. It is a shame that my son is my protector because they will not try to destroy me while he is around. But they are tricky. See they have no empathy they are true sociopaths, Is how they lived back home. They do not see children as most USA does. They only know most of USA loves their children so they use that to their advantage. I new when my son became older he would see the truth and he does, but he is 13 and our system seems to control us. his soul and heart good, he now understands how his mother has treated him for he is not a fool. Unfortunately our broken system would easily put him with his mother the scammer. Not only does international win but a man against a women often lose in our system. Woman screams system runs, Man screams system thinks man crazy and worthless. My Sean is everything to me and we are in a battle not only against the bad but the good supposed to be good but bad also. To all you Lawyers you are not the smartest on the planet and i will to my death battle the system so that one day our system in this messed up USA will realize that American citizens that followed the rules and laws should be recognized, So maybe we stand a chance against the really bad ones that are here to destroy us.

Every Lawyer every person i communicate with i record. That is what it has come to. The list of names is huge.

Here is the problem in USA,

Men are automatically worthless in our legal system, women rule, no matter how evil.
    Immigrants win because our system doesn't want to deal with it Win automatically.
    All abuse places are for women not men.
    Police if woman calls for help instant so fast, A man calls for help its "BE A MAN".
    Only issue my 13 year old smart son sees and does not recognize any of this crazy garbage. He only knows the person that treats him right. ME! If only our system could see things the way he does. Guess how many lawyers i have talked too fairfax county??? Guess how much money i spent to lawyers in fairfax county to just stop the fraud, and didnt. over 50k. I now have zero money living on the edge, food to me not an issue as long as my son is ok. Immigrants came here and succeeded in their scam because our system does not care about its own citizens. I reported it to every law enforcement agency we have and have records to prove it. Guess who my not wife's boyfriend is? Department of homeland security, Immigration CIS. Anyone see the corruption yet??? In about 30 to 90 days i will be homeless or dead or in prison because our system protects self. Welcome to the new USA.

If any of you highly educated Lawyers want to turn the tide, You need to sacrifice a little $$$ and make the system better. You are the power and are able if you really want to. There are enough of you and smart that you can make a difference. If you want to.

you all saw my original post, Straight forward but not really because our system is broken. I am so ashamed! My country is a failure. Those from afar seem to have gotten the best of US. they been in our system for a long time, Our President etc and others he out in charge do not seem to have an issue with it. But i know the American citizens that pay attention do have a problem with it. Real time. Actual. This is no joke it is my life destroyed by scammers that this country allowed. My wife/not wife boyfriend works for DHS. How can a normal citizen of this USA compete against a system so full of fraud and corruption??? all i ask is remember me and my son is SEAN he did not deserve any of this. One person cannot defeat an entire country, they will find a way to hide the truth. My son text me he is there with my not wife and DHS guy. Tricks. I suppose god sees everything and maybe the next place is better? I still have this thing to protect my son. And to all you lawyers I hate you and i hope you all burn in hell.
    Sry Just sharing since you lawyers only care about self.

Do really need that BMW, Or Mercedes? Right up my ally Get yourself a Subaru or a Acura, Ugh. Mercedes Sucks so does BMW. You spent all that money and want the best right. Korea imagine that, or japan, Britain they are drunk, Do you lawyers even know how to shop? Here is the best car because you are so far above everyone else. Subaru legacy Is a tank yet luxurious, Very reliable, Above technology, Live or die you want to be in this car you will live. I have been many places and many cars this legacy is one tough car. My life i would put in a legacy before any other. I am licences many areas The legacy is the ultimate tank to survive any crash or situation. Of coarse i am just this dumb crazy person that lawyers feel is not worth it. I had accident in a subaru legacy, This car is amazing You will live. I was launched over 12 feet in the air and struck by another larger car, Hit very hard. I was able to drive home. Subaru is no joke, very tough. I been in many but this legacy was like amazing.

Which one of you is human enough to say enough is enough? To say i no care about the money i want USA to be USA again. I do not want innocent people to suffer because i also am USA. I can make plenty $$$ and still help to make things right. See wont happen in Fairfax county because This is the Elite place and none would ever give up their elite position to just help. I will fight myself and my son until there is no fight left regardless of the greed and corruption. At least i can say i tried. Guess how many lawyers i seen and communicated with? Guess how many lawyers do drugs? or hang around girls of dancing etc. Once upon a time my neighbor was a dancer I saw many lawyers visiting, And drugs, What a shame. Do lawyers have to take a drug test?? No. I walk through the halls of fairfax county courts and see and remember those. See this is our system and the people that you hire to represent you. You never know. All i am asking is For the lawyers to turn the tide and cause a little disruption to make the system see how bigamy is severe and dangerous. Intentional Bigamy fraud needs Annulment, While Unintentional Bigamy from ignorance has some kind of understanding within our system. Mistakes happen we are only human. Yet Intentional fraud needs to be addressed for it will overtake our system and country. Just help out, I know the laws and it can be adjusted if you lawyers help. We all know the judges are human too. No better people to change the system than those that frequent the system. You all know your clients after 15 minutes, Just help to stop the fraud that is destroying good peoples lives. Bigamy is no joke. It is the perfect scam because it undermines every law and document and rule. It is the perfect scam here in this USA. Imagine being married and all its parts. Health insurance, Car insurance, Bank accounts, Investments, Even you childrens school, Potential law suits, Lottery, Child support, Spousal support, Death benefits, Health insurance, Endless possibilities of benefit because married. UGh what if not married after all?? You are all lawyers you have to see what it does to the system. You Lawyers here on this site have the ability to stop fraud in our system if you want to. This is only one site but maybe other sites are mad and fed up too? All of you have the power to stop this Crap! If you want to. I am just average normal person but if you fail i will do my best to make sure the world sees. My son is everything to me but many are suffering because of the same. If i have to sacrifice my life to make it better i will. BTW many media on hold. Yes its that bad.

Here is our new world, Years I beg for help from authorities every single one. I live in a garage and pee etc in a bucket in order to see my son everyday. I years ago beg DHS for help with no answer. My not wife's Boyfriend is guess? Department of Homeland security, Integrity and security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. No Joke! Immigration USCIS services. How long he been around? Did my country screw me twice? Yes My not wife boyfriend is a DHS employee. Does god just hate me? or is there something else going on? I am thinking it is just our country is a complete disaster. You all decide.

If you all know anything about our USA, I will become Homeless, Dead, Or incarcerated because i shared. If you see my son ever he is Sean Will please help him he is a good kid and does not deserve this garbage. I am so very proud of him, He is advanced and very close to god. I only wish i could have given him the things i had planned. One person cannot fight the world.

Lawyers never need a background check or a drug test. they are far above that. I remember them i see them in the halls.

My neighbor was dancer. Whore. So many lawyers i see in the hallways of our courts. She lost her protector so i said ok short term. Wow So many lawyers. My entire life i follow the rules and laws. Then I see These powerful people That connected to her. How am i suppose to respect lawyers that cheat on their wives etc with this dancer i am temporarily the protector. I see them in the halls of fairfax county and think to myself what a bunch of dirt bags. See she was my neighbor, I was single and had a nice car, She didn't even know me but asked me to be her protector temporary. She influence me so i said ok. Oh yes she very cute girl. But a dancer so i not interested. I saw so many lawyer with her it made me think. Yes i was tough but i came from a different group. I just watch and learn. Many i knew had wives and they disgust me. Back then i had a car very fast probably why she ask me be protector. One instance i remember, Was in Maryland back woods area. She doing a bachelor party thing, IDK something happen she ran out said go and I Hit the pedal, She said Holy F. Was my Car Twinn turbo twinn intercooler 0 to 60 4.5 seconds car. I ask her whats going on? she said the bachelor party went bad. Took her home my neighbor 2 doors down. I used to build cars for the track. But I follow god No lie No Cheat No steal. I see these lawyers in the hallway today and think to myself your poor wife/husband, yes few girls. How can anyone truly respecty people like this?

I used to mutitask, If all you lawyers Help one person out of 5 It really wont interrupt your income that much. Here is why. You will meet others in your travels while doing good deeds. The word will travel and In the end you just might become a super hero. Super hero get all the attention. Forget the rules for one day and just wing it. That one you help will lead to maybe even the ultimate reward. Remember many are homeless and smart but money rules so they will remain homeless because of our system. You can make a difference! One out of 5.

Yes I am Crazy now Only because i have had to battle the fraud from afar by myself. My own country is not only worthless but helped them to beat me in my own country. The corruption so bad and all you lawyers only concerned about self. Eventually there will be no more clients because USA will no longer exist. You have the power in you positions to make a difference. I hate to say it but it is up to you to turn the tide. Contribute 10 percent of your time to change things. Eventually there will be no more customers without your help.

If you want to save this country all of you lawyers are going to have to get tough and work together as a team to save us all. Power of the pen. Hows business lately? Different? Up to all of you to make the difference. Common folk are nothing. We look to you to save us. You all are the smart ones after all. Not a joke pay attention to your own lives as indication.

15 lawyers in a court room on one case that matters, what do think would happen? Media for sure but besides that. It would say to the court this is an issue of seriousness that needs to be addressed. We are here because it needs to change.

Here Is what has Happened:

Our system of Laws and Rules has Failed So the Lawyers Find ways Around the Issues. Common sense no longer Exist, Basic Common easy Rules of law no longer Exist. Laws are not always straight forward but some are and when these straight forward rules no longer work the lawyers figure, OK then our system no longer cares so I will Handle it this way.

FACT In Virginia It was made very clear "VA Code 20-43 Bigamous marriages void without decree.

Therefore You cannot Divorce someone you were never married too in the first place, However Our system and Lawyers Go with the Flow and Decide there is Paperwork that states a marriage so we are In the right to work from what is in the paperwork. Regardless of Fraud or How it Messes up our Broken system of records even more. Lawyers have no Ethics, Is just a job to make money to survive like everyone else. The system is messed up and Broken so what difference does it make if I play it the way it is. Herein Lies the Problem as to why our system is so broken in the first place. $$$$$. Only When People finally decide Rules and Laws, Accuracy matters will our country begin to repair itself. Wont Happen, Greed has become to mainstream and powerful. Our System keeps open the possibility to act on the paperwork so as to the possibly to help a few that made mistakes, Whereas the rules of Divorce can help both in Equal Distribution of assets etc. This Only Corrupts our system of Laws even more to the point it opens up the door for Ultimate Fraud to take place without repercussions. Believe me those Advanced in a life of Fraud are taking advantage.

You do not have to be a Rocket Scientist to understand what the written law is saying. VOID, Does not exist! No need a court or legal paperwork at all. Yet Our Backwards corrupt system Plays the Game.$$$$$$ to be made regardless or ethics or the rule of LAW.

She Got Married the same day left PH to come to America, Knowing that NSO takes about 3 weeks to process the information into its records. That window of Opportunity Wow that takes some knowledge and planning. How can we get married here in PH without the system having a record? So I can go to USA marry an American, Steal his Life and $$$$, Get a Divorce then Later Petition for my real husband at a later date. Timing is how. knowing the system is broken and slow and inaccurate. Not a Mistake, Not an accident, PLAN! Only they Picked Me and they hate me soo Bad because I Wasn't a lay down and Die like I was suppose to under their plan. Not a Just give it to them type. USA should stand behind its own Citizens in times of need but does not. USA System would rather allow bad people to integrate into our country than admit it is a FAILURE!

Not Just Virginia, Many states and Localities Have a very Similar Law/Rule. If you have Legitimate Evidence of a Prior non Dissolved Marriage Is the Same. Marriage Certificate, Cenomar etc. Unfortunate our Law Enforcement Agencies are not Educated Enough to recognize these Laws. The Judges Will, But to see a Judge Cost $$$$. Usually They Destroy you so bad You cannot even afford to get to the Judge.

Met A lot of Homeless People in my travels. These are not uneducated people. They are people that were unlucky, Victims of a system broken. Engineers, Scientist, Degree holders, Many way smarter than the Average, But The System way dumber but more powerful and Corruption wins. Most Homeless I found are People of Morals and Values that were destroyed by Dishonesty and Greed. They Could not Adapt to poor Behavior and Dishonesty so they Wound up like an old used up rag thrown away. Survival and Prosperity = Get tough, Lie, Cheat, Steal if Necessary to Succeed. Many Homeless were not able to live like that so they Drink to numb the pain Until God Decides to take them away from a World Not suited to them. Some Succumb because of Hunger or the need to numb the pain. TOUGH! Most last as long as they can holding onto the Important good morals and values as long as possible, But Hunger and Pain can Do things to a human being.

Worked In the Service Industry over 25 years. Been In over 100,000 homes and Businesses in 3 states. Most people in comfort office or home jobs do not realize many things you see on TV as fiction actually do exist in the real world. Norman Bates Does Exist, Voodoo Is Real to many, Naturalist could be your doctor or dentist and you would never know, Funeral Homes Picked Bones out of the burners Crematoriums And Employees are Mostly as Strange as most Think or worse, Moved Bodies in the way to get to equipment, Permits to keep Corpses in your basement for Scientific study, Movie stars Just Regular People That make $$$ Pretending, Lawyers Worse than some criminals, No comment on judges met a few in their away from work home life, Note: Most Judges I Experienced in the court room appear to Adhere to The Laws and Rules and Try to Work with those that cannot afford a lawyer, Decent Human Beings Mostly and Appear Impartial as the job Dictates. Haunted Houses Real, Multi Millionaire 60 year old children real, Endless Experiences of personalities, Lifestyles, Etc. Generals, Admirals, List endless and People have no clue.

If you chose to go through with a divorce, you can regret that decision until the end of time but it won't change this: You got a divorce.

You may want to discuss your regrets and anger with a mental health professional, but you don't have a legal issue.

You went through a divorce, consented to the divorce (if you signed off on it you consented), and finalized the divorce. Why are you questioning things now?

----------------------------------------------------------------
    OC divorce attorney

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast