Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Will Statutory Rape Charges be Filed if a Young Mother Goes to Juvenile Court

Quote Quoting Brit7220
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Alabama

I'm 15 and pregnant and got arrested today for stealing $53 worth of stuff from Walmart. I was stopped at the front door and asked to go back to a back room where I was asked to empty my purse. The cops were called and they filed a report, but said I have to wait for a letter in the mail for my court date. Can anyone tell me what to expect, and if it should affect my child?
    Quote Quoting Brit7220
    My baby's father is 19, just graduated from high school. We live together and he works full time making more than enough to support me and our child. Just because I'm pregnant at 15 and shoplifted once does not mean that I'm a teenage burnout. He's been saving money to buy me a car for my 16th birthday in a week which is why I stole what I did (which was household products). I did something stupid once but that does NOT mean that I'm a stupid person. I'm an honor student, I'm in the honor society at my school ranked in the top 30 of my class of almost 400, and am taking all AP classes next year. I didn't post on here to get judgment or to ask for opinions, I posted to get legal advise. Thank you very much for being so adult

Seems like the bigger concern is the baby's father going to prison for statutory rape charges.

Default Re: Shoplifting Charges of a Minor

What kind of parents allow their 15 yr old pregnant daughter to live with her boyfriend ?

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    What kind of parents allow their 15 yr old pregnant daughter to live with her boyfriend ?
    The kind of parents who have completely given up on her (not just because she got pregnant, not just because she shoplifts, but for many many reasons in addition to this).

Not good parents. I wonder if the court becomes aware of the situation if they will do anything ? From the standpoint of her age and the boyfriends age and the fact that they are living together and sexually active? I also wonder if the parents could be charged for allowing it. The age of consent in Georgia is 16.

We also occasionally have the kind of kid who lies in her teeth if she thinks it will get her the answer she want and/or put the volunteers that aren't telling her what she wants to hear in their places.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    We also occasionally have the kind of kid who lies in her teeth if she thinks it will get her the answer she want and/or put the volunteers that aren't telling her what she wants to hear in their places.
    That's the first thing that crossed my mind.

Quote Quoting Brit7220
    View Post
    My baby's father is 19, just graduated from high school. We live together and he works full time making more than enough to support me and our child. Just because I'm pregnant at 15 and shoplifted once does not mean that I'm a teenage burnout. He's been saving money to buy me a car for my 16th birthday in a week which is why I stole what I did (which was household products). I did something stupid once but that does NOT mean that I'm a stupid person. I'm an honor student, I'm in the honor society at my school ranked in the top 30 of my class of almost 400, and am taking all AP classes next year. I didn't post on here to get judgment or to ask for opinions, I posted to get legal advise. Thank you very much for being so adult
    Come back in 5 years and re-read what you've written here.

Run along now.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

View Post
    Not good parents. I wonder if the court becomes aware of the situation if they will do anything ? From the standpoint of her age and the boyfriends age and the fact that they are living together and sexually active? I also wonder if the parents could be charged for allowing it. The age of consent in Georgia is 16.
    That doesn't matter. OP is in Alabama.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

BooRennie , I apologize. I got this thread confused with another one. If I read the info correctly, her boyfriend could be charged with sexual abuse in Alabama.

Quote Quoting Brit7220
    View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. The father of your baby is 19? You are 15? You do know that in Alabama the age of consent is 16 right? I'm surprised your boyfriends is not in jail yet. Where are your parents? Why are they letting you live with a 19 year old who got you pregnant when you are 15? Why didn't you just ask them for money or to buy you some "housecleaning" supplies?

Yes you are stupid at this moment because you did a stupid thing. All of us have done stupid things and at those times, we were stupid. Your boyfriend is the even bigger idiot dating a 15 year old when he is 19.

Book smarts do not mean you have common sense or street smarts.

View Post
    I think her OP says Alabama - but that is the age of consent in Alabama too.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast