Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Shoplifting Charges of a Minor

Quote Quoting Brit7220
    View Post
    What could happen to my child? That's my main concern. I feel like they're gonna take him away after he's born. And does it make a difference if it's my first offense?
    It's not going to effect your child right now. But in the future, if you continue to shoplift, your son will be affected as his mother will be sitting in jail.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Have you noticed that in almost all threads like this the teen is an amazing honor student who's graduating early and will shortly complete their cure for cancer. This in spite of having done this incredibly stupid thing. Requirements in education must've slipped further than I realized since I finished high school.

Yeah, I've noticed that too, Mark. Odd thing about that.

Not to mention that that somehow, they were all out sick or something the day basic biology was explained - none of them seem to know where babies come from despite their honor grades.

https://www.age-of-consent.info/states/Alabama

In Alabama, a person 19 years old or older who subjects another person to sexual contact who is less than 16 years old, but more than 12 years old is charged with sexual abuse. Someone 16 or older who has intercourse with someone between the ages of 12 and 16 who is at least two years younger then they are can be charged with second-degree rape.

well, according to that info boyfriend is guilty of second degree rape. Going in front of a judge might become very interesting. Make sure boyfriend comes to court with you. Judge might want a few words with him, or even want to have him stick around for awhile.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    https://www.age-of-consent.info/states/Alabama
    Make sure boyfriend comes to court with you. Judge might want a few words with him, or even want to have him stick around for awhile.
    Can a judge press charges himself in this sort of case, or would he have to recommend prosecutors investigate and press charges? I've always wondered what happens when new crime is detected through trials and statements in the court room. Who files the charges, the judges or prosecutors? And are they obligated to investigate and prosecute new crimes that are elucidated to the court?

Quote Quoting Question4law
    View Post
    Can a judge press charges himself in this sort of case, or would he have to recommend prosecutors investigate and press charges? I've always wondered what happens when new crime is detected through trials and statements in the court room. Who files the charges, the judges or prosecutors? And are they obligated to investigate and prosecute new crimes that are elucidated to the court?
    The judge cannot generally initiate charges. The police, sheriff, or prosecutor must investigate and make a referral as appropriate. And, with few exceptions, law enforcement are not generally REQUIRED to investigate any crime that they are made aware of. Some exceptions might include sexual assaults, child neglect, domestic violence, etc., and will vary by state.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2