Default Consumer Insurance Offer Made by Insurance Company then Rescinded

My question involves insurance law for the state of: New zealand
    My Insurance company advised that the repair to my 2.5 year old TV was going to be uneconomical to repair, they said they would replace the TV with a new one, there was a delay as they were trying to find an alternative as Sony no longer made 70 inch TV's, it took 9 days to find a alternative to offer and they offered me a 75 inch Sony new, I was happy as it was a good upgrade being brand new, then the very next day when I was told I would receive a call as to delivery times etc I receive a call to be told they are now going to repair the old TV, can they rescind an offer just like that? all of the conversations were taped as insurance companies do, Im not really wanting the old tv back as when googled the problem that occurred with my old tv which was a faulty lcd panel it turns old that a lot of people have had the same problem and its bound to happen again in a short time, but this time my warranty would have finished.

Default Re: Consumer Insurance Offer Made by Insurance Company then Rescinded

This is a US board and the laws of the US and New Zealand are not the same.

Quote Quoting nelly1
    View Post
    can they rescind an offer just like that?
    Obviously they CAN do it because they DID do it.

I'm guessing that this is an extended warranty on a credit card. Right?

If so, I suggest you read your card holder agreement to see what the insurance company can and cannot do.

If it's a regular insurance policy that happens to cover breakdown, reading it will also tell you what the insurance company can and cannot do.

Hi its an extended warranty taken out through the retailer, the extended warranty is now held with an insurance company called domestic and general in Australia.
    If an insurance company makes you an offer to replace a product and you agree I would think I have entered into a verbal contract, I wouldn't have thought an insurance company could then change their minds?

Again, this is only a US forum. Try here: https://newzealandjustice.com/forum.php

1. Sponsored Links