Default Can You be Charged With a Crime Based on Evidence from Probation Search of Your Home

My question involves criminal law for the state of: ilinois....can I be a rested if I'm not on probation my girlfriend is possible did search went through my lunch box.found prescription drugs and I don't have script

Default Re: Help

You may be arrested for the possession charge, or you may not. You have provided rather limited information about the facts surrounding this incident and your runon sentence story isn't very clear.

You will not, however, be arrested for a probation or parole violation while not on probation or parole, if that's your question. If your girlfriend is on probation and the drugs found were illegal in some way, her probation/parole could be affected by those pills if she could reasonably have access to them.

It's probably a good idea not to keep illegal drugs around when your girlfriend is on probation. In most circumstances, probation forbids drug use, possession, or association with drug users (you).

Default Re: Can You be Charged With a Crime Based on Evidence from Probation Search of Your H

If evidence against you was legally obtained by law enforcement, it can be used against you to support a criminal charge. Without more detailed facts, it is hard to say whether the drugs found in your situation were legally discovered and seized or not. However, if the search was of your GF’s residence, and the location searched was not obviously within your sole domain (meaning your GF had no legitimate access to it), the probation search likely allows for the drugs to be admissible.

1. Sponsored Links