Default Erroneous Bail Bond Notice

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: CA

A friend had contacted me and needed some money to put bail someone out. I agreed to pay part of the payment, and only the initial fee. My friend agreed to pay the monthlies and had also put down a collateral. The only document I signed was to authorize my first payment, and not the one allowing to draw a monthly amount or any other document in that matter.

I received letter in the mail asking for me to pay, but I am not the indemnitor or the co-signer and was under no promissory to pay the premium.- I only helped pay the partial one-time transaction. I had informed them via email about this error, and that I am not the one to be pursued or taken action against - I actually had been allowed not to sign some documents to allow such action, either.

Help me out here please. I believe the notice was in error. Did I miss anything here? What should I do?

Default Re: Erroneous Bail Bond Notice

Quote Quoting biomassive
    View Post
    My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: CA

A friend had contacted me and needed some money to put bail someone out. I agreed to pay part of the payment, and only the initial fee. My friend agreed to pay the monthlies and had also put down a collateral. The only document I signed was to authorize my first payment, and not the one allowing to draw a monthly amount or any other document in that matter.

I received letter in the mail asking for me to pay, but I am not the indemnitor or the co-signer and was under no promissory to pay the premium.- I only helped pay the partial one-time transaction. I had informed them via email about this error, and that I am not the one to be pursued or taken action against - I actually had been allowed not to sign some documents to allow such action, either.

Help me out here please. I believe the notice was in error. Did I miss anything here? What should I do?
    Nothing at this point. They sent you a letter asking you to pay, you responded with an email reminding them that you were not responsible. You should consider the matter to be closed unless you here anything further from them.

Default Re: Erroneous Bail Bond Notice

Most likely they were hoping you'd step up again even if you weren't obliged to.

1. Sponsored Links