My question involves criminal law for the state of: United States Federal Law

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.
Is that definition from Congress, or made up administratively?
What is the jurisdiction of the definition? Does it apply to universities funded by the federal government?

What is meant by explicit consent? I would interpret it to mean a person must ask for and get permission before every touch.
Does "Falling under" mean this is a complete list, or possibly a partial list? Might kissing be included?
What is included under "behavior?"
Do two people who are dating each other or flirting with each other or who have been kissing need explicit permission to "fondle" each other? Fondling is pretty common in those situations. I don't think most people explicitly ask permission to fondle the other's buttox before doing so.

I think this definition is overly broad in the first sentence, and needs clarification of the second sentence. But does this definition carry any weight ever? When?

Thanks.