Default Can Your License Be Suspended for Driving on Suspended Registration

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Pennsylvania
    I recently got some tickets for driving while my vehicle registration was suspended due to lapse in coverage. I got the registration taken care of, next was to deal with all the tickets.
    I plead guilty to one ticket and paid it off. Today I got home to find a letter from Penn Dot saying my license is to be suspended for 3 mos due to my guilty plea. I've looked everywhere and can't find anything that describes license suspension for this. Why is there no information on this and can I try to fight it?

Default Re: Can My License Be Suspended for Driving on Suspended Registration

Not so much "can" but "WILL". You drive with a lapse in coverage, you WILL be suspended for three months. Note the suspension timing does not START until you submit your license.

Default Re: Can My License Be Suspended for Driving on Suspended Registration

In Pennsylvania 1371 Driving with Suspended Registration will result in 3 months of license suspension.
    You can fight the charge, and if found "not guilty" you will not be assessed the 3 months suspension.

Once convicted (or if you plead guilty) you will have to surrender your license for the 3 months to get credit for that time.

You may be in time to appeal the conviction (or guilty plea)....however with only a 3 months suspension it may take longer to have a hearing than your total remaining suspension. So you would need to look into how to stop the suspension during the appeal. In this course you really should look into hiring someone to help as it can get tricky.

You may be able to apply for a Limited Work License that will let you drive during the 3 month license suspension. The application for the Limited PA Work License can be found online. You want to make sure none of your other violations will disqualify you from getting the limited license before you apply. You may be best hiring help to make sure you are approved if you choose to go the limited license route.

You can find more details about the 1371 charge on a website I run here...http://www.licenserestoration.com/op...ration-75-1371
    Please note, this violation is for the driver of the vehicle no matter who owns the vehicle. You should always verify the vehicle you are about to borrow or use has valid registration because of how serious this penalty can get.

Good Luck!

Vince

1. Sponsored Links