Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What Happens at a Hearing to Set Aside an Acknowledgment of Paternity

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Oregon

December 27 2015, I have sex with a girl that would become my girlfriend after that we started dating. Middle of January 2016 she comes home and tells me she is pregnant. Okay I am a stand up person and assumed the responsibility, moved her into the ranch, and took ccare of her every want and need. everything was bliss through the the pregnancy and about two months after. Spring came on and I started working extreme hours and was only home inbetween the hours of 9 pm and 5 am, Hay prices droped and I started putting the hammer down on frivioulse spending. April comes along and we fight about money, long story short she takes the child to her mothers house a couple weeks later I am served with child custody papers that are asking for the world. I did sigh a volanatry acknologment of paternity at the hospital.

Upon being served papers we decided it prudent to do a dna test, three home tests later all of different brand and lab I did a legal test wich also came bach negative. after the legal test came back I discontinued any and all communication with the child. After that we filled paperwork to to have my name removed from the child and to not grant her the financial restitution asked of me, another month later after talking to the ranches attorney the two opposing attorneys will get together in the next two weeks to set a date of the hearing.

My questions are what does a hearing consist of, I understand the principle of it. 2 the fact that the child is not mine enough to prove fraud and material of mistake of fact. 3 does the fact that all of the ultrasounds taken put the date of conception two to three weeks before I had sex with her prove fraud and material mistake of fact, 4 what should I and my family be asking the attorney to make sure they are doing a smart and complete approach to my defense. 5 is the biological father on the hook for all if any of his childs previouse or future expensis, 6 am I entitled for reambursment for all cost due to housing her and her child, 7 I purchase 20 cows and started a new LLC with myself and the child for his collage fund is the child or mother entitled to any of the assets in the LLC, I never told her about it.

Thank you for all of the information if I do not respond back quickly it because we have no internet at the ranch and I don't get to town very often. Ronald.

Default Re: What Happens at a Hearing to Set Aside an Acknowledgment of Paternity

Quote Quoting klamath101
    View Post
    My question involves paternity law for the State of: Oregon

December 27 2015, I have sex with a girl that would become my girlfriend after that we started dating. Middle of January 2016 she comes home and tells me she is pregnant. Okay I am a stand up person and assumed the responsibility, moved her into the ranch, and took ccare of her every want and need. everything was bliss through the the pregnancy and about two months after. Spring came on and I started working extreme hours and was only home inbetween the hours of 9 pm and 5 am, Hay prices droped and I started putting the hammer down on frivioulse spending. April comes along and we fight about money, long story short she takes the child to her mothers house a couple weeks later I am served with child custody papers that are asking for the world. I did sigh a volanatry acknologment of paternity at the hospital.

Upon being served papers we decided it prudent to do a dna test, three home tests later all of different brand and lab I did a legal test wich also came bach negative. after the legal test came back I discontinued any and all communication with the child. After that we filled paperwork to to have my name removed from the child and to not grant her the financial restitution asked of me, another month later after talking to the ranches attorney the two opposing attorneys will get together in the next two weeks to set a date of the hearing.

My questions are what does a hearing consist of, I understand the principle of it. 2 the fact that the child is not mine enough to prove fraud and material of mistake of fact. 3 does the fact that all of the ultrasounds taken put the date of conception two to three weeks before I had sex with her prove fraud and material mistake of fact, 4 what should I and my family be asking the attorney to make sure they are doing a smart and complete approach to my defense. 5 is the biological father on the hook for all if any of his childs previouse or future expensis, 6 am I entitled for reambursment for all cost due to housing her and her child, 7 I purchase 20 cows and started a new LLC with myself and the child for his collage fund is the child or mother entitled to any of the assets in the LLC, I never told her about it.

Thank you for all of the information if I do not respond back quickly it because we have no internet at the ranch and I don't get to town very often. Ronald.
    Erm ... either my math is wrong or this young lady is scamming you.

Or you made a typo. Help us out here!

(No matter what though, you're not getting reimbursed for anything - period)

Default Re: What Happens at a Hearing to Set Aside an Acknowledgment of Paternity

When you say you did a legal test,do you mean that a Judge in aa court ordered you to do a DNA test? Didn't it cross your mind that you might Not be the father, before all of this came up ?

My attorney set up the legal test shortly after I was served the custody papers, Your right I was very nieve, the thought never crossed my mind until she left and the rumor mill started.

Quote Quoting klamath101
    View Post
    My attorney set up the legal test shortly after I was served the custody papers, Your right I was very nieve, the thought never crossed my mind until she left and the rumor mill started.
    So what's your attorney saying now?

Acording to the attorney getting my name off of everything should not be a problem, She informed us that Oregon has cases were "fathers" in the same situation have been required to pay the support anyways.

If we can figure out who the real dad is there is a possibility that the financial burden can be put on him.

I did not ask her yet but what constitutes fraud is the fact that she did not tell me there was a possibility it was not my child enough? Granted I did ask her and the answer was yes. Two weeks after I was served papers she did text me informing me she had sex 2 and 3 weeks before she met me and I could get a test done.

At what age does a court determine if the bond or relationship between father and child too strong to not be in the childs best interests?

my involvement in his life was I paid for everything, after he was born I usually seen him asleep in the crib before I left and he was usually asleep when I got home. After they moved out I had him over night one time and seen him maybe a couple of hours a week. After I was served, the papers said one or two days per week 8 am to 3 pm which I followed religiously for anouther two weeks until the legal dna test came in

I am asking on here because at $350 per hour its expensive to ask questions before I have researched them prior.

Also all the Oregon statues I read say Blood test specifically, the test the attorney set up was a check swab

Excuse me cheek swab.

If a court ordered DNA test proves that you aren't the biological father, you can be thankful that you found out now instead of 10 or 17 yrs from now. That is about all that you're going to get out of the situation. If she wants child support, then the man that she believes to be the father will have to take a court ordered DNA test and if that proves he is the father, he will be ordered to pay child support and he will also be given visitation.

Quote Quoting klamath101
    View Post
    Acording to the attorney getting my name off of everything should not be a problem, She informed us that Oregon has cases were "fathers" in the same situation have been required to pay the support anyways.

If we can figure out who the real dad is there is a possibility that the financial burden can be put on him.

I did not ask her yet but what constitutes fraud is the fact that she did not tell me there was a possibility it was not my child enough? Granted I did ask her and the answer was yes. Two weeks after I was served papers she did text me informing me she had sex 2 and 3 weeks before she met me and I could get a test done.

At what age does a court determine if the bond or relationship between father and child too strong to not be in the childs best interests?

my involvement in his life was I paid for everything, after he was born I usually seen him asleep in the crib before I left and he was usually asleep when I got home. After they moved out I had him over night one time and seen him maybe a couple of hours a week. After I was served, the papers said one or two days per week 8 am to 3 pm which I followed religiously for anouther two weeks until the legal dna test came in

I am asking on here because at $350 per hour its expensive to ask questions before I have researched them prior.

Also all the Oregon statues I read say Blood test specifically, the test the attorney set up was a check swab

Excuse me cheek swab.
    The problem there is that you have absolutely no standing at all to compel another man to submit to a DNA paternity test. Focus on doing what the court has ordered (and a cheek swab is very typical - in fact, it's virtually the norm in most states). You can't do anything until you know where you stand.

thank you for the reply. Please explain why the fact that I was misled to believe I was the only possible father is not enough to prove fraud. just curious. I located a woman that the mother confided in before she told me the child was min the conversation was via text and the basic content was Mother approached another man before me telling him it was his child and he informed her to abort and was going to have nothing to do with her or the child. it was too late to contact the attorney this evening what does that do for proving fraud. why is the fact that the child is not mine enough to prove fraud. she knew a possibility existed the child was not mine. guilt by omission?

Quote Quoting klamath101
    View Post
    thank you for the reply. Please explain why the fact that I was misled to believe I was the only possible father is not enough to prove fraud. just curious. I located a woman that the mother confided in before she told me the child was min the conversation was via text and the basic content was Mother approached another man before me telling him it was his child and he informed her to abort and was going to have nothing to do with her or the child. it was too late to contact the attorney this evening what does that do for proving fraud. why is the fact that the child is not mine enough to prove fraud. she knew a possibility existed the child was not mine. guilt by omission?
    When did I say anything about fraud? Would you like to re-read the thread?

Fraud is very difficult to prove, because it's a he said/she said matter. Can you prove that she didn't tell you at the time? Because that's what she'll say - that you were fully aware that it may not be your child but you insisted on signing anyway.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast