Default Minor Wishes To Move Out

My name is Trishelle...and im 16 right now turning 17 in august.I wanted to know if i can leave my house at that age.Because i hear from diffrent people that i can leave and i wont get into trouble and from other people that i can get into trouble!But i also want to know if i'll be considered a runaway If my parents report me as one?

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Can Anyone Help ?

Quote Quoting Classof07'
    View Post
    My name is Trishelle...and im 16 right now turning 17 in august.From what state?I wanted to know if i can leave my house at that age.Probably not without parental consentBecause i hear from diffrent people that i can leave and i wont get into troubleWho other teens? and from other people that i can get into trouble!But i also want to know if i'll be considered a runaway If my parents report me as one?
    If you leave home without parental consent you can and should be reported as a run away!

im from texas and yes other teens that tell me these answers to my question

panther10758 Guest

Quote Quoting Classof07'
    View Post
    im from texas and yes other teens that tell me these answers to my question
    they were wrong!

How So? Hi this is her sister we are now talking to some police Dpt's and they said at the age of 17 they will no longer take he/she as a runaway and they cannot force the Minor home if he/she does not want to return.And the only way the parents call the police is if he/she is getting into trouble or staying at a place Unconditional.And even my husband is saying the same thing...He too is a cop

If a police department has a policy of not making 17-year-old runaways return home, that's their policy. But it doesn't change the Texas emancipation law, and if the minor wishes to be emancipated the minor will still have to petition for emancipation through the courts.

panther10758 Guest

Not to mention parents can get an order of protection as well. You were correct but my reply was meant to cover many aspects not just one! If parents do not want child living outside theri home there are many legal avenues they can take.

1. Sponsored Links