Default Instructions for Filing Domestic Violence Protection Order Motion

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Washington

I have a Domestic Violence Protection Order placed on me in (Seattle) King County, Washington. I am trying to figure out the proper instructions for filing the motion titled: Respondents Motion to Modify/Terminate Order For Protection Effective More Than 2 Years. Living out of state I mailed this completed form to the Clerks office yet never heard back. I called and was told that it was not filed and that I may have not completed all of the proper steps. I have tried looking for instructions for the proper way to file this motion and made over a dozen phone calls only to be passed around like a ping pong ball with no actual answer. The closest thing I have found online are instructions for Family Law Motion (see below). Are these the proper instructions that I need to follow to file a "Respondents Motion to Modify/Terminate Order For Protection Effective More Than 2 Years" and if not does anyone know that the proper instructions are?

http://www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/co...ion.ashx?la=en

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Instructions for Filing Domestic Violence Protection Order Motion

This is not the proper venue to ask how to fill out documents. We just don't give that kind of advice because everyone's situation, everyone's forms, everyone's circumstances are different. If you can't figure it out, I would suggest you enlist the help of an attorney or paralegal.

I'm not asking how to fill out a document. I'm asking what else I need to do since filing the motion wasn't enough. Also asking wether I am in fact allowed to serve the other party being that I'm not allowed to contact them yet required to serve them.

You're not going to find prepared instructions for every form and circumstance. Sometimes you have to figure things out yourself. Sometimes you even have to draft your own pleadings from scratch.

Under the circumstances, it would make sense to have service effected by a professional process server or court officer.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You're not going to find prepared instructions for every form and circumstance. Sometimes you have to figure things out yourself. .
    I have been trying to figure things out on my own for months. I've made dozens of phone calls to the court only to be passed around like a ping pong ball to every different department they have and not given a single proper answer to my question - "What is it that I need to do in order to completely file the motion "Respondents Motion to Modify/Terminate Order for Protection Effective More Than Two Years"? I've filed the motion myself and apparently that isn't enough but no one will tell me what else it is that I need to do. How am I suppose to know? I cannot find that answer on the internet and no one from the court will tell me. On top of this I am suppose to serve the form to the other party who I am not allowed to contact yet am required to for this motion. So I do not know if I serve them the papers if I will get one more part of the process for filing this motion completed or end up in jail. If they are going to make things this complicated they need to have instructions otherwise no one would know how to do it, since filing the form isn't enough.

1. Sponsored Links