Unhappy Misdemeanor Theft Charge for Stealing from a Store

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas
    I just got a misdemeanor B in Texas for theft at a store, $100. It's my first offense.

I made a mistake that I will regret for the rest of my life I've never been convicted or have any criminal history this is my first offense ever? I just hired an attorney? I don't want to go to jail, I made a stupid mistake... What can possibly happen?

Default Re: Misdemeanor Theft Charge for Stealing from a Store

Your best outcome is likely that the attorney will get it reduced to a class C with a deferred imposition of sentence that will allow you to eventually escape a criminal record for your behavior. Of course, you may also get a civil demand from the poeple you stole from demanding compensation. You should discuss all this with your attorney. While jail is a possibility it's not likely for a first offense.

Default Re: Misdemeanor Theft Charge for Stealing from a Store

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Your best outcome is likely that the attorney will get it reduced to a class C with a deferred imposition of sentence that will allow you to eventually escape a criminal record for your behavior. Of course, you may also get a civil demand from the poeple you stole from demanding compensation. You should discuss all this with your attorney. While jail is a possibility it's not likely for a first offense.
    Thank you for your response and time, I really appreciate it.

1. Sponsored Links