Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation How to Get Severe Probation Conditions Reduced

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Georgia

Hello i was released from prison few months ago and i have 5 years on probation with special conditions(to be employed or be in school fulltime).Now i have severed my time and learned my lesson.As I have entered society a law abiding citizen now although I did suffer mental scars from being prison( i now see a pyschologistic)due to the horrible stuff I seen in prison(i have nightmares just thinking about it).But anyways to go on I live in a good area with good family(my cousin is a doctor)so i also began working for a company as a marketing director.

Problem is the probation when asked if i was employed i told yes and gave them the information were I work.Guess what happened?I got FIRED although my employee didnt tell me the exact reason,i knew was because the probation officer checked to verify my employment.I know it is their job but come on folks to call a work place and tell them one of your employees is a probationer,they will cleary fire you espically in a red penal state like Georgia.And the other problem is i have classes(MRT) and it is exspensive and cost me gas money/transportation.I spend nearly $100 on transportation last week and i also pay rent so my money is tight even though i live in a good area my family still wants me to pay for bills and help the kids.This probation thing is kinda messing me up and when they did visit my house(good neighborhood)the neighbors look at me differently now they seen a probation officer visit my area.I dont do no drugs and obey the law as i am a changed man even though my crime was soo petty and im really innocent.

Is their a way i can write a letter to the judge to let the restrictions be easier?I mean come on now i work for a good company and if every time my po check on the companies i now have to result into those cheap 9 to 5 jobs like ware house or mcdonalds?This probation thing isnt helping,i have moved on with my life is their some type of way of me getting of probation?Or can i take my case back to court because when i did plea the plea NEVER supported the factualy basis to what I pleaded to.I also take mrt classes mondays,wednesdays every week for the next month which means i have to take some time off work and the employees dont like that(the last company's manager yelled me wondering why im not here on thosedays).And i have travel 1 hour to the other side of the city for a stupid 2 hour class which is money as transportation is an issue.I have no car and the train/bus isnt cheap remeber i pay rent,grocery,probation fees,help the kids,etc.

My family have gaven me rides several times on them to the point i am a burden(imagine every week my cousin drives me for 30 mins and yet she has work).Why dont these probation people understand that we ex offenders are humans?Yes i was young and stupid back in the days to commit a crime,but im grown and i want to make it in life but probation espically in Georgia is backwards and stressful.I wish my life could get better..

Default Re: Helpanyway to Make My Probation Conditions Less Severe

You agreed with the terms of your probation. It is not a comfortable ride. Sorry , sir. Your stipulations are the requirements of the contract that you agreed to in upon your release from incarceration.

Default Re: How to Get Severe Probation Conditions Reduced

You have only been on parole for a few months, but if you feel that you have established enough of a track record that you should be given a bit more latitude under the terms of your probation, start by discussing your concerns with your parole officer.

Quote Quoting viol8te
    View Post
    You agreed with the terms of your probation. It is not a comfortable ride. Sorry , sir. Your stipulations are the requirements of the contract that you agreed to in upon your release from incarceration.
    These were conditions the state made for me during my plea hearing(I took a blind plea by the way)at the time my mental stability wasnt functioning well.And how would you like to be in my position?I got girlfriend,family,kids,home,etc I pay taxes,I respect my fellow citizens heck I volunteer to donate food to the homeless.But for me to be life on the edge for a system that claims it wants to keep offenders out of prison(rolls eyes) is ridicilous i served my time and paid my debt to society im trying to move on with the life yet the state still wants to monitor me.

For those who never been involved in the system and assume im just some dumb criminal(which im not).Like i said I LOST a job due to probation now I have to settle to those low paying 9 to 5 jobs which kinda makes it diffucult for me and my family.The conditions that our system sets is designed for failure how can you rehabilitate an offender if they can go back to prison for stupid stuff like failure to maintain employment?Come on what a waste of tax payers money to send somebody to prison for that,on top of that i have always been educated although I messed up in past due to my mental illness and stupid choices.After doing prison time all I wanted to do was go on with my life yet I have these conditions and it has been a burden on my family.I know many people dont understand but again imagine being my shoe,yes i MESSED up in the PAST but im a whole new person.That is the problem with our criminal justice system espically the one in Georgia,it keeps monitoring certain offenders who really have no business being on probation.Is their a way I can talk to pro bono lawyers if I had the money i would hire a lawyer but obviously with my situation i cannot afford one.And on top of that like I said my plea wasnt intelligenly made(I have transcripts to show i fully did NOT understand what I pleaded too.)I have studied the law many times before and after my prison time so I know quite a bit.Heck i was enrolled in school at the time of my arrest but of course again my stupidity in the past go me where I am today and we have sick system(espically in Georgia)that apparently likes to use wasteful resource in keeping our prison population high.

The State didn't make up anything. Most of the things that you are complaining about are general requirements of anyone who has been placed on probation. The issue can't be so old that you can claim to have been "young and stupid" back then. It had to be recent enough that you have been placed on probation in order to be monitored. Just do you paper and relax. A good probationer will do this with his/her eyes closed.

Quote Quoting someguyfrommars2009
    View Post
    But for me to be life on the edge for a system that claims it wants to keep offenders out of prison(rolls eyes) is ridicilous i served my time and paid my debt to society im trying to move on with the life yet the state still wants to monitor me.
    What you need to realize is that you have only served "part" of your time and only paid "part" of your debt to society, that is why you are on Probation to finish out your time in the real world instead of in prison.
    THere is a simple solution to this whole thing, if your terms of probation are too much for you simply violate them and finish your time in prison, there you won't have to worry about these issues.

Some folks say to "be honest about convictions", but "don't ask, don't tell" has worked best for me. If you have the skills and present yourself well, you will get work.

Quote Quoting yyz0
    View Post
    What you need to realize is that you have only served "part" of your time and only paid "part" of your debt to society, that is why you are on Probation to finish out your time in the real world instead of in prison.
    No your just justifying the system,im on probation because its a split sentence the minute you loose physical freedom you have paid your debt to society.Probation is just to monitor offenders and of course make money and keep the system employees employed.

Quote Quoting yyz0
    View Post
    THere is a simple solution to this whole thing, if your terms of probation are too much for you simply violate them and finish your time in prison, there you won't have to worry about these issues.
    So your one of those who believe prison is some god help facility?If the system wants people to succeed shouldnt it re-consider how to operate a system like probation and make it more realistic?Of course in your eyes go to prison for a simple violation h

View Post

No your just justifying the system,im on probation because its a split sentence the minute you loose physical freedom you have paid your debt to society.Probation is just to monitor offenders and of course make money and keep the system employees employed.
    By your own logic, since your physical freedom is still curtailed you have not paid your debt to society. So you're in agreement - right?

So your one of those who believe prison is some god help facility?If the system wants people to succeed shouldnt it re-consider how to operate a system like probation and make it more realistic?Of course in your eyes go to prison for a simple violation h
    There is truth to the expression, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime".

Now please don't start being obstreperous with people here. They didn't do your crime, and they're not doing your time. That's all on you.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    By your own logic, since your physical freedom is still curtailed you have not paid your debt to society. So you're in agreement - right?.
    On probation your not sleeping in a cage,correct?Probation doesnt limit physical freedom just gives restrictions but if you consider probation a way to pay your debt to society then I agree,even though their many types of probation(a person can be on probation for unpaid parking tickets).And with your logic how about people who dont have split sentences serve all their prison time and have no probation to follow,what would you call them?

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    There is truth to the expression, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime". .
    That expression is some cartoonish wonderland didnt O.J. simpson show that expression isnt reality but more of a wishful thinking?And the system is base on evidence their people who have long records of non violent drug offense get more time then some who have a violent offense but its their first charge.The system is more complicated then that.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Now please don't start being obstreperous with people here. They didn't do your crime, and they're not doing your time. That's all on you.
    Of course I did the crime,im not being obstreperous on anyone if i am then i apologize all im doing is complaining about the system(i have every to do correct?)And people here(some not all)seem to look at one side"Oh you did the crime blabla",and if you read my case my crime was not what they charged me with.I have been on BOTH sides of the law,yes before my convictions i once served on jury bench and I actually went to school on criminal justice system but of course never finished due to my finacial and legal issues.I am not perfect and i am no angel did i mess up in my past?Sure I did,now when the conditions seem so out of reach i have every right to complain and challenge this system.How ever society sees it different they believe a label defines who you,but sorry it doesnt.Corruption runs america,we have the highest prison population in the world and nobody wants to wonder why.But of course their is an expression as well"Innocent until proven guilty"" applys to our current criminal system.

Why is it on EVERY bureacy of the government people can complain and question certain government agencies and heck suggest reform.Look at our school system,parents,teachers,etc will complain.Heck look at the law enforcement several people complain and thank god for obama on the reform on making officers wear body cameras. But how ever when it involves the criminal justice system like probation,parole,prison,etc a person has NO right to complain or suggest reform?People on here are saying"Hey our probation departments are fine,your just a scum blabla".Which observe granted the criminal justice system is unquie but its still part of a government agency.The offenders choose the crime,BUT the government decides the punishment.And punishment is not exact science. I am sorry if i seem to argue but as an educated man with high knowledge I know my laws,rights and know what common sense is(my past is my past.)In life everyone complains about their situation why is probation any different?People will say YOU chose to do the crime which is 100% true it was MY choice only no need to argue with that.But people also choose to have crazy wifes,correct?Why is it they can complain about certain choses but nobody critizes them?

View Post
    But people also choose to have crazy wifes,correct?Why is it they can complain about certain choses but nobody critizes them?
    One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. It's obvious that your knowledge is not as 'high' as you claim it to be. Let's all just start making arbitrary comparisons to make our points! Ready set go!

People who complain about the poop in their ice cream cone are just like cocaine addicts complaining about their high insurance rates.

Your turn!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast