Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Helpanyway to Make My Probation Conditions Less Severe

who says people can't complain about our justice system and suggest changes to parole/probation. Your current problem is that you are involved in these systems so any complaints you have at this time will be considered self-serving. Sort of like when a speeder and a cop show up in court and both give their stories. The speeders goal is to beat the ticket so if he says he wasn't speeding and the cop(who gets nothing out of a conviction) says that he saw them speeding who do you think the judge is going to believe?

You would not believe the whining that Parole/Probation officers have to put up with on a daily basis with their assigned cases. Almost everyone has a sob story of why they can't follow the assigned rules. Some are valid reasons, many are not. To the people doing the whining they are all valid reasons.

I did 4 yrs in the cage and 2 years on Parole, so I know about the system from the inside.

No one told me things were going to meet my expectations of "fair" but I feel after all was said and done they were fair!

Quote Quoting yyz0
    View Post
    who says people can't complain about our justice system and suggest changes to parole/probation. Your current problem is that you are involved in these systems so any complaints you have at this time will be considered self-serving. Sort of like when a speeder and a cop show up in court and both give their stories. The speeders goal is to beat the ticket so if he says he wasn't speeding and the cop(who gets nothing out of a conviction) says that he saw them speeding who do you think the judge is going to believe?

You would not believe the whining that Parole/Probation officers have to put up with on a daily basis with their assigned cases. Almost everyone has a sob story of why they can't follow the assigned rules. Some are valid reasons, many are not. To the people doing the whining they are all valid reasons.

I did 4 yrs in the cage and 2 years on Parole, so I know about the system from the inside.

No one told me things were going to meet my expectations of "fair" but I feel after all was said and done they were fair!
    I can't help but respect you an awful lot for posting this.

Quote Quoting someguyfrommars2009
    View Post
    On probation your not sleeping in a cage,correct?Probation doesnt limit physical freedom just gives restrictions but if you consider probation a way to pay your debt to society then I agree,even though their many types of probation(a person can be on probation for unpaid parking tickets).And with your logic how about people who dont have split sentences serve all their prison time and have no probation to follow,what would you call them?
    They've served their sentence and have paid their debt to society. You have not, yet, paid your debt to society. You seem to be having trouble following this. Are you okay?

That expression is some cartoonish wonderland didnt O.J. simpson show that expression isnt reality but more of a wishful thinking?And the system is base on evidence their people who have long records of non violent drug offense get more time then some who have a violent offense but its their first charge.The system is more complicated then that.
    When did OJ become part of this? He was found "not guilty". Why is he relevant?

Of course I did the crime,im not being obstreperous on anyone if i am then i apologize all im doing is complaining about the system(i have every to do correct?)And people here(some not all)seem to look at one side"Oh you did the crime blabla",and if you read my case my crime was not what they charged me with.I have been on BOTH sides of the law,yes before my convictions i once served on jury bench and I actually went to school on criminal justice system but of course never finished due to my finacial and legal issues.I am not perfect and i am no angel did i mess up in my past?Sure I did,now when the conditions seem so out of reach i have every right to complain and challenge this system.How ever society sees it different they believe a label defines who you,but sorry it doesnt.Corruption runs america,we have the highest prison population in the world and nobody wants to wonder why.But of course their is an expression as well"Innocent until proven guilty"" applys to our current criminal system.
    Your past actions do matter an awful lot in terms of defining who you are. That's just reality. For the record, I'm probably the last person to jump up and tell you that the system is perfect in this country. I'm an immigrant here and yep, I have the benefit of viewing things from a slightly different standpoint.

Why is it on EVERY bureacy of the government people can complain and question certain government agencies and heck suggest reform.Look at our school system,parents,teachers,etc will complain.Heck look at the law enforcement several people complain and thank god for obama on the reform on making officers wear body cameras. But how ever when it involves the criminal justice system like probation,parole,prison,etc a person has NO right to complain or suggest reform?People on here are saying"Hey our probation departments are fine,your just a scum blabla".Which observe granted the criminal justice system is unquie but its still part of a government agency.The offenders choose the crime,BUT the government decides the punishment.And punishment is not exact science. I am sorry if i seem to argue but as an educated man with high knowledge I know my laws,rights and know what common sense is(my past is my past.)In life everyone complains about their situation why is probation any different?People will say YOU chose to do the crime which is 100% true it was MY choice only no need to argue with that.
    Okay now you're whining. Please don't do that.

But people also choose to have crazy wifes,correct?Why is it they can complain about certain choses but nobody critizes them?
    This made me laugh, and I'll tell you why. Look at the family law section of this forum. You'll notice that parents who start whining about the other parent - who they chose, and thought was stellar parenting material - are put in their place extremely quickly and are typically criticized more than any other group of posters on this forum.

You need to back up, start actually absorbing what has been said and stop waiting for the world to change to your specifications.

Quote Quoting yyz0
    View Post

I can agree with this post,it is my own stupidity and yeah they are "fair"even if some of the conditions are absurb 99% of the fault is usually the probationer/parolee which is so true.I guess i was just angry but your post for some reason made me feel better i always gotta remeber it is ME who put myself in this position.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    I can't help but respect you an awful lot for posting this.

They've served their sentence and have paid their debt to society. You have not, yet, paid your debt to society. You seem to be having trouble following this. Are you okay?

When did OJ become part of this? He was found "not guilty". Why is he relevant?

Your past actions do matter an awful lot in terms of defining who you are. That's just reality. For the record, I'm probably the last person to jump up and tell you that the system is perfect in this country. I'm an immigrant here and yep, I have the benefit of viewing things from a slightly different standpoint.

Okay now you're whining. Please don't do that.

This made me laugh, and I'll tell you why. Look at the family law section of this forum. You'll notice that parents who start whining about the other parent - who they chose, and thought was stellar parenting material - are put in their place extremely quickly and are typically criticized more than any other group of posters on this forum.

You need to back up, start actually absorbing what has been said and stop waiting for the world to change to your specifications.
    Agree aswell,I thank you for correcting my ignorance I apologize for complaining and finally reading the posts which were true.I always trying to put the world in my specifications by now I should know life dont work that well.But I do thank you and others here again sorry for the complain its my own fault.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2