Default Will Insurance Cover an Accident if You're Driving on a Suspended License

My question involves an accident "without" injury that occurred in the state of: FLORIDA.
    I have auto insurance and had a car accident today. I lost control and ran into a ditch; damages of several thousand dollars. The problem: The police officer told me my license was suspended yesterday because I did not pay a fine for a traffic ticket I had gone to court for. To clarify, I had agreed to make payments for the ticket but was not able too with finances tight. I called the traffic clerks office who told me if I did not pay the fine I would be sent to collection, not suspended. Given that information, I chose to delay making payment until month end. Meanwhile, I had this accident and find out that my license was suspended yesterday! My question...will my automotive insurance company pay for the damages to my car if my license was suspended?

Thank you for any information someone can offer!

Default Re: Have Auto Insurance but

will my automotive insurance company pay for the damages to my car if my license was suspended?
    Yes.

But, then your insurance company has the option of cancelling or non-renewing your policy because of the suspension.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0627.728.html

That puts you in a high risk classification for auto insurance which will possibly double the cost of your insurance for the next three years.

Not only that but, if you have a loan on the car, your lender will be notified of the cancellation and will put its own insurance on the car and increase your monthly payments to cover it.

Default Re: Have Auto Insurance but

Thank you So Much for you kind help and assistance!

1. Sponsored Links