Gentlemen and ladies another question(s):
1) Instead of replying to the courtesy letter an mailing in my request fora trial by written declaration, can I schedule a court date instead and at the arraignment "say not guilty and request trial by written declaration", will this preserve my right to a speedy trial by doing it in front of the judge?
2) after I request a TWD, how long do I have to complete the paper work turn in. I will be out of the country from AUgust 23rd to Septer 24. I got an extenstion to reply to the courtesy notice till sept 7th
3) The ticket never mentioned the distance the lidar tracked me at..,which is important for determining the speed. Would discovery tell me:
a) the angle at which the laser hit my car ( I was reading ProLaser manual and there manual states officer often hit cars at wide cosine angle)
b) where the officer aimed
d) did officer first use visual estimation before using LIDAR on me ( Is the officer required to use visual estimation first??)
e) If officer did calibrate device, does he have to post the results of calibration and tests.
Would the DA office be able to provide this during Discovery ?
4) Do I need to mail in my TWD and Discover documents or can I turn into the clerk at court. If i do it in person, do they provide proof that I turned in the documents? VS mailing certified mail?
5) If I lose the TWD and the trial de novo, can I still request traffic school ? what is the process of appealing?
I apologize for all these questions. If anyone can shed some light that would be great.