Default Noise From Speed Bumps

I live in a small town in nc.The city put speed bumps on all the streets near my house.But they put one right in front of my bedroom window.And no one stops at this speed bump at all.And its very loud when cars and trucks go over this bump.Nobody stops at a speed bump at 6.00 oclock in the morning!!!! My question is do I have any legal right as a home owner to get this removed from infront of my house.I have called the city a couple of times with no return call!!! .What is a home owners legal right in this matter.this is a very loud noise maker thanks to the city.If you dont have speed bumps dont ask for them there a pain in the but.

Default Re: Noise From Speed Bumps

Consider instead complaining that traffic is still going way too fast, and asking that they install an additional speed bump (or speed bumps). That way the traffic should have already hit a speed bump and have slowed down before the reach your home.

I doubt that the city will be inspired to remove speed bumps on the basis that traffic continues to blaze down the street at absurdly high rates of speed.

Default Re: Noise From Speed Bumps

The speed isnt the issue.Its not bad and has never been on this street.I have a stop sign not far from the speed bump.So no big problem with speed.but no matter what speed if you hit a speed bump it will be a noise maker.Unless you go over it like your supposed to do.Iam going to record the city trucks going over this also.They dont even slow down!!!!

THANKS FOR REPLY

1. Sponsored Links