Default Getting Additional Charges While in Jail

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Nebraska

How would someone get additional charges while booked in jail? My ex got arrested last night for unauthorized use of a vehicle. When I looked up the inmate search for the jail he is in this morning I saw an additional charge of "criminal mischief $1500-5000" and is a Class I misdemeanor. The vehicle one is Class III. I just found it odd during the night he got an additional charge while in jail. I suppose since no one would bail him out he got mad and maybe broke some crap...just found it odd especially for criminal mischief with that amount behind it.

Default Re: Getting Additional Charges While in Jail

Perhaps something your ex did while in possession of the vehicle? Coincidental that he was linked to another crime while already in custody? An existing charge you didn't know about that they then processed him for since they had him in custody?

Default Re: Getting Additional Charges While in Jail

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Perhaps something your ex did while in possession of the vehicle? Coincidental that he was linked to another crime while already in custody? An existing charge you didn't know about that they then processed him for since they had him in custody?
    There is no damage to the vehicle. I am wondering if he maybe got mad no one would bail him out and he threw a fit? He has some other charges pending in a different county but those are completely unrelated to this and much more serious than these. I have a feeling that he may have thrown a fit and damaged something in jail. I heard when he got arrested he was talking crap to the cops and trying to start crap with them while they searched him.

Such is life - play stupid games win stupid prizes. Glad I am done with that.

He broke a window in jail apparently. He was "mad." *sigh*

1. Sponsored Links