Default Must You Designate an Agent for an Advance Directive to Not Prolong Life

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: CALIFORNIA

First, my apologies if this is not the correct sub-forum to post this thread. I could not identify anywhere else where this question belonged.

I received a CA Advance Directive template from my doctor's office (Form "3-1" from California Hospital Association's website) and am beginning to ask questions (this forum, hospital's social worker, doctor, et al). My question for the forum is: when choosing not to prolong life, am I required to designate an Agent for the Advance Directive? is this a reasonable decision or not wise? what kind of questions should i be asking the social worker and my doctor (if any among you can recommend)?

thank you.

Default Re: Must You Designate an Agent for an Advance Directive to Not Prolong Life

Exactly who decides not to prolong life is one question you might want to ask. If I remember correctly, there are usually state laws governing this. Also ask exactly what they criteria is. In other words, what tests need to be done and what do they have to say before the decision is made.

1. Sponsored Links