Default Can You Take the Other Parent to Court if Not Informed of Extracurricular Activities

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: ca

Short history: divorced 7 years, child is 10. Both myself and mother are remarried with one child each with new spouses.Custody is week on/week off (50/50) with exchanges on sundays. This just recently changed, previously I had 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th weekends and every other week in summer. We have a pending date to modify support, I currently pay 500+ each month as well as medical coverage for child.

When custody changed to week on week off, mother asked if I would be able to maintain Dance practice during my time. Unfortunately, the practice was during my work hours and I advised I would not be able to transport. Mother then said she would cancel child's dance. Mother did not wish to compromise or take child on my time.

Fast forward 6 weeks..I called my daughter Saturday evening as I normally do (call every other day) and my daughter proceeds to tell me she is getting ready for a recital. (Mother was able to swirch practice times and did not make me aware)I asked why she didn't tell me and she replied, I thought my mom told you. I heard mom in background state, no I didn't tell him.

I asked to speak with mom and asked why I was not made aware. She said she didn't feel like telling me and itsaid something they do on her time and with their life and I only have to be included with school activities. I explained my kid is the only one suffering and mother stated somethings will be unfair and I have to accept it.

Keep in mind child has been involved with this dance for 18 months. I have attended all recitals thus far and even took her to a dress rehearsal and show that happened on my weekend.

Can this be brought up in court and how do I approach. I feel like it may be alienation to an extent.

Thanks for your help.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Extracurricular Activities

The judge isn't going to regulate all facets of your lives. Now that you know she's still dancing, call the dance school and ask for a schedule. That's YOUR job.

Default Re: Can You Modify Custody if You're Not Informed of Extracurricular Activities

Quote Quoting Love4thekids
    View Post
    Can this be brought up in court and how do I approach.
    Are you already going to court over something else? If you bring a motion on this issue alone, you can expect the court to wonder why you're wasting its time with trivialities.
    Quote Quoting Love4thekids
    I feel like it may be alienation to an extent.
    Based on what you've told us? It's not.

1. Sponsored Links