Default Is There a Change from Custodial to Non-Custodial Parent with Equally Shared Custody

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA

Custody has recently changed in my case to where the Mother and I now have 50/50 custody. Mother has been custodial parent and I have been non-custodial.
    I have been petitioning for more time for 3 years.

The prior agreement was that I had our child 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th weekends (if applicable). This was due to the distance between our homes and transporting our child to school near Mother's home.

We recently had our support hearing and the hearing was continued due to income and expense forms needing updates on Mother's end. On the way out, the Judge asked if Mother was prepared to discuss in our new hearing the change from Custodial to Non-Custodial parent.

I was wondering why this would change?

I have been paying child support ever since our divorce was finalized as well as paying for health insurance for our child since divorce.

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Custodial vs Non Custodial Changes

Oh. You don't want me to respond to your posts.

Okay!

Default Re: Custodial vs Non Custodial Changes

Time to read through all of the paperwork. It sounds like either she's requesting it, or it will be changed to joint custody.
    Without more information on what was filed, I can't really speculate further.
    Good luck.

Default Re: Modification of Child Support After a Change to Shared Custody

You can use these resources to estimate your child support going forward.

Default Re: Is There a Change from Custodial to Non-Custodial Parent with Equally Shared Cust

Quote Quoting gracielou
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA

Custody has recently changed in my case to where the Mother and I now have 50/50 custody. Mother has been custodial parent and I have been non-custodial.
    I have been petitioning for more time for 3 years.

The prior agreement was that I had our child 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th weekends (if applicable). This was due to the distance between our homes and transporting our child to school near Mother's home.

We recently had our support hearing and the hearing was continued due to income and expense forms needing updates on Mother's end. On the way out, the Judge asked if Mother was prepared to discuss in our new hearing the change from Custodial to Non-Custodial parent.

I was wondering why this would change?

I have been paying child support ever since our divorce was finalized as well as paying for health insurance for our child since divorce.

Thanks for your help!
    I highly doubt you have 50/50 custody. I also highly doubt YOU have been paying child support. I think your husband has and now you are lying in order to get people to answer. At least according to your posting history, you were the new wifey. Now suddenly you are the other parent? Nope. Sorry. Your credibility is gone.

1. Sponsored Links