Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Is There a Federal and State Do Not Hire List

My question involves civil rights in the State of: California

I have been harassed by law enforcement across the board for nearly ten years now. Well maybe not federal, but then I have a little evidence otherwise. I complained to the FBI, about an individual whose family is heavily involved in law enforcement to the FBI, resulting in a death threat, which I recorded, the person I complained about basically kicked this off, I found I was on a state and federal do not hire list. I am not even sure if the FBI has taken my case, I informed them of the threat, and never heard a thing. Also, I have been watched every time I go to apply for jobs by law enforcement, making me ineffective for an interview, I am going broke. Also when I have tried to be social they appear, and watch me, basically embarrassing me. I have offered a polygraph for my complete life, nothing seems to help. I am at a loss, I have applied to the ACLU for help. Seems most attorneys will not take such a case, especially since I am going broke.... I was a computer programmer, also I am being watched on-line... any help, or direction would be appreciated

Default Re: Federal and State Do Not Hire List

Please see a mental health provider. Your story is indicative of someone with paranoia issues.

How is that so, when I received the death threat after complaining to the FBI? Unlisted number also.

Just so you know, I am getting feedback from an individual asking me not to force this.

Did you make your complaint to the FBI online? If so, you will never get an answer from them and you will never know if they are taking action. They tell you right there on the website that you will never get an answer and will never know what, if any, action they take. That's nothing new, and it's not specific to you.

There is no such thing as a national do not hire list that all employers have access to and use. The FBI only investigates crimes that violate federal law. Most incidents of harrassment, etc., are not violations of federal law. Typically if it is any violation of the law at all, it is a state law issue that you would report to local law enforcement. Unless you are involved in something like organized crime or terrorist activity it is very unlikely that the FBI is spending its limited resources monitoring and tailing everything you do. The same is generally true for local law enforcement, unless perhaps you are in some small town where cronyism is still rampant and the cops have nothing better to do with their time. Your problems finding a job likely have far more to do with your qualifications for the job and how you are approaching the employers than any kind of law enforcement interference. You might try finding a job hunting coach who can give you sound advice on how to apply for jobs, what to do in interviews, etc.

CBG, thank you so much, I had not noticed that information. I filed through the DOJ main contact form, with the selection directed to the FBI, which is most likely the same as you are stating. After two weeks I contacted the Criminal Division of the DOJ and spoke with someone, who checked to see if something was open, and there was nothing, they asked that I send them PDF copies of my complaint and they would forward it to the FBI for me. I am sure I will be in the same position, not knowing.

Taxing Matters, thank you for your sincere reply. I was informed by the FBI, I was not able to be hired by Federal or State. I do not know all the implications of that, maybe you are correct. However, I have no terrorist ties, no criminal activity, nor do I do anything. Like I stated I have offered polygraphs. I wish it was true what you are saying about jobs, in the past, but I was very qualified. It was not passing an interview, it was the discouragement of having LE show up for the interviews.Try having an interview knowing law enforcement is there watching you, it happened repeatedly. I agree with you about FBI not wasting time on me, but I know completely different about local law enforcement. I have so much of a story, and it is all true, and I absolutely know it is not wanted to be in court, as it is very damming. The reason for the threat.

Just for the record, I have spent many years as a hiring manager. No matter how qualified you are for a job, there are going to be other applicants who have just as many or more qualifications as you do. There is never going to be a job where you are the only qualified applicant, and any one of the other qualified applicants is just as likely to get the job as you are.

Tax is correct that there is neither a Federal nor a state do not hire list - I'd have heard about it if there was.

cbg, I am a computer programmer, on a system that is now going out, you are correct, but there are still some systems, and they are kind of desperate, since many potentials have jumped the boat. I am familiar with hiring also, I also know if you have been out of work for ten years, they are going to toss your resume, it will be tossed in the bin by HR, let alone the hiring department. My job days are over, I was destroyed, I am now 60, yes competition will be great, youngsters are more desirable. They have taken the best working years needed for retirement savings from me. I spent my retirement to live, now I need to do something about it. I know more than I can tell here, I also know I was in the right. I believe I have a very strong case for some attorney, but it will require a lot of research and understanding about the case, not a quick buck, but most likely will be well compensated in the long run. Actually what I have found out was a plan for murder, I know the reasons, and the players. They are caught dead handed, and they do not wish this in court, that is my struggle. I am not saying a list for all jobs, I cannot be hired for a state job, I cannot be hired for a federal job, of course now I may not be desirable, out of work to long. I can never make up what I have lost. I spent a lot of time applying to federal jobs, and state jobs, not realizing I was on these list.

Okay then. Good luck.

cbg, Thank you

Taxing Matters, I was re-reading your post. One individual in my case has an FBI friend, who I believe was involved, passively behind the scenes. This has been reported to the FBI, also Highway Patrol were involved. Like I stated it was across the board, and there absolutely is a reason for there to be an association, and I know what it is. And I may have been falsely put on a domestic terrorist list, and there is a reason for that, and it is meant to harm. Is there a way to find out if you are on a terrorist list?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast