Default Driver's License Suspension After Getting Into an Accident While Uninsured

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: CA

I got into a car accident last year in September and unfortunately it was my fault. We exchanged insurance information
    and went out own way. I found out when I got home that we had a lapse of coverage in insurance for three months but we
    received no notification for it, so we have been uninsured for those three months. I filed the report to the DMV because the accident was more then $750. I received a letter from the DMV last week notifying me that I am getting my license suspended for a year. I am starting at a new college in the fall and a new job. I know I can receive a restricted license but that does not allow me to go to school. Is there any way I can't fight the suspension?
    Thank you.

Default Re: Driver's License Suspension After Getting Into an Accident While Uninsured

Read this. In short, you may be able to get a restricted, noncommercial license to drive to, from, and during work, to drive yourself or other family members for medical care, or to drive your child to school if public transportation is not available.

1. Sponsored Links