Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Disabled Handicap Parking

there is no payment required for persons with disabled parking placard or disabled tag which sign would you like a clearer picture of?

the ticket is for invalid disabled placards...when the expiration date is june of 2020

A DP placard is meant to be moved to any car that you are driving at the time. The ticket says, "Only one DP placard valid at any given time." You were using two at a given time to avoid paying for parking for the second car. It really is just that simple.

E.

The use or display of a disabled placard or license plate that is stolen, expired, issued to a person who is now deceased, or is otherwise invalid in or upon a vehicle parked in a public right-of-way or on other publicly owned or controlled property is a parking infraction with a monetary penalty of Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Comprehension is fundamental.
    I pointed that out to you already. Sorry you missed it.

Here is some information that might explain it to you. This is from a Northwest ADA advocacy center's website.

"It is a parking infraction to:

Use the placard, identifying license plates, or identification card if they are not authorized.

Exercise the parking privilege when the vehicle is not transporting the person to whom the privilege is issued.

Exercise the parking privilege without an identifying license plate or placard.

Block the access aisle located next to an accessible parking space."

You need to remove the placard in the vehicle that you are not driving at that moment. You can only be transported by one vehicle at a time. Did you notice that you cannot get two tabs that go on your plates? This is probably why, they don't want one butt taking up two seats.

Just curious, how did you get two tags in the first place?

did they both come from the same agency at the same time or did you acquire them separately from different agencies or different time/dates?

If you got them both from the same place at the same time, I'd suggest going back to that agency and ask them how you can stop these tickets from happening. Of course if you take this route be prepared for the possibility that it is found out they issued you two in error and they ask for one back.

Washington state will issue two placards. California (where I am) will issue one placard, one plate, or a placard and a plate. That does not mean I get to use them both at the same time. I can only be transported in one vehicle at a time. It also doesn't mean that someone who doesn't have the disability driving the car with the plate can use the accesses allowed by the plate. If they park at a metered spot, they need to pay the meter. (I do not).

I also cannot have my husband follow me in the plated car tell him to park it in the handicapped spot next to the one I am using, get out and walk away. Then explain to the officer that I don't know which vehicle I'll be using so I need both in the spots. I don't think that will fly. I was transported there by the one I drove in. My husband could argue I am being transported by the one he left, but I am not sure that would fly. The law says being transported in, not might be being transported in.

Quote Quoting hurricane62417
    View Post
    there is no payment required for persons with disabled parking placard or disabled tag which sign would you like a clearer picture of?

the ticket is for invalid disabled placards...when the expiration date is june of 2020
    You're taking up two handicapped spaces when there is only one of you. Despite your protestations, that's just plain wrong.

You have the following options:

1 - Plead not guilty and try to convince a judge. Good luck with that. Hopefully, he'd be as outraged as I am.

2 - Keep paying the fines as a cost of your "convenience."

3 - Find someplace else to put your second car and put the placard in the glove compartment until you actually use the car.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    You're taking up two handicapped spaces when there is only one of you. Despite your protestations, that's just plain wrong.

1 - Plead not guilty and try to convince a judge. Good luck with that. Hopefully, he'd be as outraged as I am.

3 - Find someplace else to put your second car and put the placard in the glove compartment until you actually use the car.
    Where is that darned "like" button??

Quote Quoting Cocoabean
    View Post
    California (where I am) will issue one placard, one plate, or a placard and a plate.
    Not to hijack the thread, but I believe California only limits the number of placards you can have to one. There is no restriction on plates. I have California handicapped plates on all of my vehicles in addition to a placard.

If you have a permanent placard, your vehicle is in the same name as the person the placard is registered to and want handicapped plates for that vehicle, simply take your placard and it's DMV slip to a DMV or an AAA (if you are a member). Surrender the plates on your old vehicle and you will be issued handicapped plates and registration. It's that simple.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post

I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

I just don't.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast