Hybrid View

Default The cops searched my car

i have to know if it is right or not for a cop to come up to my car while i am getting out of it and and be like u have to take all that stuff off yur windshield thing and then me and my find were leaving almost to the door when he calls us back over because he was searching my car with a light and saw that my friend had left a beer can in the holder instead of hiding it but still can he do this she got a underage and i got driving while there was beer in my car. but i just want to know is this legall and they just started to search through the whole thing without asking me or anything he was even calling me dumb becuase i had some money sitting out so please help me

Default Re: cops searched my car

Quote Quoting small_one_19
    i have to know if it is right or not for a cop to come up to my car while i am getting out of it and and be like u have to take all that stuff off yur windshield thing
    If you have your car windows unlawfully obstructed, then yes, an officer can instruct you to remove the unlawful obstructions.

Quote Quoting small_one_19
    and then me and my find were leaving almost to the door when he calls us back over because he was searching my car with a light and saw that my friend had left a beer can in the holder instead of hiding it but still can he do this
    If the officer looked through the windows of the car from the outside and spotted the beer can, that would almost certainly qualify as spotting the beer can in "plain view". And yes, the officer can look through the windows of your car from a vantage point outside of the car, to see if there is contraband inside.

1. Sponsored Links