Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Collecting Money from Family

I strongly suggest that you hire an attorney for every single situation you post about on this forum.

I agree with Dogmatique. Get a lawyer.

You started your post in Iowa, now you're in Nebraska. First you don't know when the breach was, now you don't know where the defendant is. Talk about "sigh." I'm not wasting any more time on you.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    I agree with Dogmatique. Get a lawyer.

You started your post in Iowa, now you're in Nebraska. First you don't know when the breach was, now you don't know where the defendant is. Talk about "sigh." I'm not wasting any more time on you.

I said I lived in Iowa but I just recently moved back to Nebraska. You do realize that Iowa is not far from Nebraska, especially considering Council Bluffs is literally across the river. It is not that hard for people to move from Iowa to Nebraska. At the time I posted I was still in Iowa and in the process of moving. I did not feel that was applicable to post my life story about moving at the time.

I do know when it was - it would have been the end of 2010 that is when she moved out and when she asked me. I know what town she lives in but I do not have her street address because when I asked her for it a month ago she would not even answer me about that. I simply said that I do not know if her mom would give me her address when she has already said once she tries to avoid drama.

Nebraska does not allow lawyers in small claims court. The simplest thing I could do is get a consultation from one but they cannot be in the courtroom with me. I did say I sent an email to mediation to see if that is cheaper and easier. I did look up small claims in Nebraska to get more information - which neither of you seem to have a clue about. I am not wasting money on a lawyer for small claims when I cannot even take the lawyer into court with me.

I do not see how it is my fault I cannot get her address when she just moved and that I just moved when I have addressed this issue for almost two years and gotten only two responses about it and no money.

I suppose you do not have to "waste" any time on anything. I presented the facts as they were when I first posted with my residence location. Thank you for the information and suggestions you provided before this. I will take it into my own hands from here and proceed with mediation and go from there.

Quote Quoting qwaspolk69
    View Post
    She just moved and all I know is the town I do not have her new address...

...they just sold their house and bought a new one...
    Many towns and cities have their real property records available online. You can search on a last name and get an address.

Try the local newspapers, mine lists recent home sales and those articles are searchable online.

Quote Quoting bcr229
    View Post
    Many towns and cities have their real property records available online. You can search on a last name and get an address.

Try the local newspapers, mine lists recent home sales and those articles are searchable online.
    Thanks. This town she is in does not seem to have a newspaper. They do not have an online version if there is one. Also the county I cannot find anything for property records. I typed in her name and boyfriend's name and nothing came up.

Also I did a search for small claims lawyers in my area and got "no results found." I suppose mediation and whatever happens after that.

I contacted my divorce lawyer to see if he knew anyone who handled small claims and he said only those that would help a corporation. He said go to the courthouse and file and they should be able to help. I can try to get her address from my stepmom if need be. I am attempting one more message to see if we can handle this as adults. I emailed the mediation center and they said it depends on where I file which mediation center to go through. I thought mediation was a step to avoid court.

I am surprised I do not get any type of response from her honestly. Not that anyone cares but if someone else has a similar situation this is what I found out so far.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2