Question Can You Sue a School Over an Incident of Bullying by a Teacher

My question involves education law in the State of: california

Hello,

My boy was traumatized in the kindergarten in public school. He had a speech delay and it was very difficult trying to make out what he way saying. He no longer has that problem due to private speech therapy and much diligence. But he is having trouble sleeping with the terror that he experienced.
    I told that kindergarten speech therapist not to put him with mentally challenge children since all he had was a speech delay. She promised she wouldn't. Turned out she did and a couple of boys held my son down while she make a cartoon character of him on the whiteboard and called him a spoiled brat. I took him out immediately because he seemed so upset but it wasn't until much later when his words came together he told us what happen. He told his new speech therapist, pediatrician and new teachers.
    He trembles with fear as he tells the story and tears roll down his face. He is now 10 years old.
    We contacted the principal and requested a meeting so he can express his feelings since my boy is
    having a difficult time sleeping. What are the statue of limitations? The principal has not contacted us yet...
    I do not want money I just want my son to talk so he can go one with his life. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.

Default Re: Teacher Traumatized Student

If you don’t want money then suing won’t do you any good because a money judgment is all you can seek for this. In California the statute of limitations for personal injury is two years, but when the plaintiff is a minor the statute of limitations is tolled until he reaches 18, so the two years would start to run on his 18th birthday.

1. Sponsored Links