Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Default Re: Equal Protection: in State Tuition for Student with One Parent As Legal Resident

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I posted them twice. Either you are illiterate or a troll.
    Neither - truly. ESL, perhaps though.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Equal Protection: in State Tuition for Student with One Parent As Legal Resident

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I posted them twice. Either you are illiterate or a troll.
    Thank you for kindness for posting them twice in order to help me.

Before making conclusion, you may look at the following.

The UM guildlines have the following provisions:

"The following circumstances and activities,though not conclusive or exhaustive, may lend support to a claim that Michigan is your permanent legal residence:

Both of your parents or parents-in-law (or in the case of divorce, one parent or parent-in-law) are permanent legal residents of Michigan as demonstrated by permanent employment in the State, establishment of a primary household in Michigan, and severance of out-of-state ties. You must also show that you have severed all out-of-state ties that suggest another state is your legal residence.

You are employed in Michigan in a full-time, permanent position, your employment is the primary purpose for your or your family’s presence in the State, and you have severed any out-of-state ties that suggest another state is your legal residence.

Your spouse or partner is employed in Michigan in a full-time, permanent position, your spouse or partner’s employment is the primary purpose for your family's presence in the State, and you have severed all out-of-state ties that suggest another state is your legal residence."

I think it does not mean that in order to be qualified for in state-tution, the student must have the condition that "Both of your parents or parents-in-law (or in the case of divorce, one parent or parent-in-law) are permanent legal residents of Michigan as demonstrated by permanent employment in the State, establishment of a primary household in Michigan, and severance of out-of-state ties. You must also show that you have severed all out-of-state ties that suggest another state is your legal residence."

For easily seeing this, one may look at the following simple statement. Even though the below is not good example, but it is simple one I can come up with quickly.

The following circumstances, though not conclusive or exhaustive, may lead to death of a person:

Shot by the gun;
    get cancer;
    Hit by car;

This is not meant that in order to make a person to die, the person must be shot by the gun.

This is also not meant that the person must be shot by the gun in order to die.

It is the same logic for the UM provisions.

Is my augment right ?

For all warm heart person involved in my post so far, please help me on this.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Neither - truly. ESL, perhaps though.

Here are other provisions in the UM guildlines:

"If you are a dependent student, and both your parents are legal residents of another state, you are presumed to be a nonresident.

If you are a dependent, your parents or parents-in-law are divorced, and at least one parent or parent-in-law is a permanent legal resident of the State of Michigan (as defined in these Guidelines), you are presumed to be a resident if you can demonstrate that (a) Michigan is your permanent legal residence and (b) you have severed all out-of-state ties."

However, the whole guildlines do not say what happen if you have only one parent is legal resident of the state.

Quote Quoting quiet-wind
    View Post
    Thank you for kindness for posting them twice in order to help me.

Before making conclusion, you may look at the following.

The UM guildlines have the following provisions:

"The following circumstances and activities,though not conclusive or exhaustive, may lend support to a claim that Michigan is your permanent legal residence:

Both of your parents or parents-in-law (or in the case of divorce, one parent or parent-in-law) are permanent legal residents of Michigan as demonstrated by permanent employment in the State, establishment of a primary household in Michigan, and severance of out-of-state ties. You must also show that you have severed all out-of-state ties that suggest another state is your legal residence.

You are employed in Michigan in a full-time, permanent position, your employment is the primary purpose for your or your family’s presence in the State, and you have severed any out-of-state ties that suggest another state is your legal residence.

Your spouse or partner is employed in Michigan in a full-time, permanent position, your spouse or partner’s employment is the primary purpose for your family's presence in the State, and you have severed all out-of-state ties that suggest another state is your legal residence."

I think it does not mean that in order to be qualified for in state-tution, the student must have the condition that "Both of your parents or parents-in-law (or in the case of divorce, one parent or parent-in-law) are permanent legal residents of Michigan as demonstrated by permanent employment in the State, establishment of a primary household in Michigan, and severance of out-of-state ties. You must also show that you have severed all out-of-state ties that suggest another state is your legal residence."

For easily seeing this, one may look at the following simple statement. Even though the below is not good example, but it is simple one I can come up with quickly.

The following circumstances, though not conclusive or exhaustive, may lead to death of a person:

Shot by the gun;
    get cancer;
    Hit by car;

This is not meant that in order to make a person to die, the person must be shot by the gun.

Is my augment right ?

For all warm heart person involved in my post so far, please help me on this.

Here are other provisions in the UM guildlines:

"If you are a dependent student, and both your parents are legal residents of another state, you are presumed to be a nonresident.

If you are a dependent, your parents or parents-in-law are divorced, and at least one parent or parent-in-law is a permanent legal resident of the State of Michigan (as defined in these Guidelines), you are presumed to be a resident if you can demonstrate that (a) Michigan is your permanent legal residence and (b) you have severed all out-of-state ties."

However, the whole guildlines do not say what happen if you have only one parent is legal resident of the state.
    Please contact an attorney.

You are simply not understanding what you've been told, and cbg has shown incredible patience trying to explain things to you.

You are wrong. Incorrect. Misunderstanding. Read, and re-read cbg's posts again until you understand.

Do not microwave grapes

Yes, they do, and where that is the case has been pointed out to you. I understand that you want to see something that says, If only one parent lives in Michigan, then x. However, to anyone reading the policy without an agenda, the answer is quite clear.

I have no more time to waste pointing out the obvious to you. Please feel free to pay an attorney to listen to your theories.

cbg out.

(with apologies to jk ... )

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    (with apologies to jk ... )
    I just gave up sooner.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I just gave up sooner.
    Again, thank all you involving in my post.

I am maybe illiterte or insufficient to understand English.

However, before concluding this, please tell me where I am wrong about my following argument in logic.

Shot by the gun;
    get cancer;
    Hit by car;

In logic, the above statement is not meant that in order to make a person to die, the person must be shot by the gun.

Is my augment right ?

Quote Quoting quiet-wind
    View Post

However, before concluding this, please tell me where I am wrong about my following argument in logic.

Shot by the gun;
    get cancer;
    Hit by car;

In logic, the above statement is not meant that in order to make a person to die, the person must be shot by the gun.

Is my augment right ?

The above statement does also not mean that if one person is not shot by gun, the person can not die.

This indicate that based on the provisions of UM guidelines, no one can conclude that if both parents are not the state residents, the student can not be classified as the resident.

What you are not understnading is that the situation that you have described in your posts Is Included in the examples. If you want to get the in state tuition, you willl have to move to Michigan, get a Michigan Drivers License and prove that You Live In The State Of Michigan and continue to live in the State Of Michigan as long as you want to get the in state tuition.

Quote Quoting quiet-wind
    View Post

Shot by the gun;
    get cancer;
    Hit by car;

Is my augment right ?

The above statement does also not mean that if one person is not shot by gun, the person can not die.

This indicate that based on the provisions of UM guidelines, no one can conclude that if both parents are not the state residents, the student can not be classified as the resident.
    I'm going to spell this out very clearly.

You WILL NOT be able to force UM to do what you want them to do. They are correct, you are incorrect, and every other person on this thread is in agreement with what I have just stated.

Do you understand?

Why do you think that is? Could it be because we're all correct?

Do not microwave grapes

You need to learn that sometimes you and others have to do things that they don't want to and that they don't feel are right. You have to go by the rules, if you want to participate.

By the way, when it says to cut all ties with the other state, that does not mean that you don't travel there to see that parent. It just means that you do not live in another state because you must live in Michigan is you want to get the instate tuition fee.

You can either go to a school in your home state, or move to Michigan and have proof of that by having a Michigan Drivers License and address. You could also stay out of state and and get a job to pay the difference in tuition in Michigan or have someone else pay it. But, whatever you do, if you want to go to school in the State Of Michigan and have the in state tuition You Have To Move To And Live In Michigan And Have A Michigan Drivers License.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast