Default Given a Performance Write-Up Despite Prior Good Performance Reviews

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Ohio

I am a district manager and manage a team of people who make deliveries to stores. They are commission paid and I am salary. I have received a bonus averaging $7k a years since 2012 on top of my salary. My district has outperformed other districts and those managers have been promoted. I have never been at the bottom of performance for any year end review. I have saved all sales records and data for years. In my review of 2015 i was told i will be put on track and given a performance write up and terminated if I do not improve. I have not had discussion about my results in detail with them yet because I am waiting to see exactly what the write up states. What does anyone advise?

Default Re: Given a Performance Write Up

Without knowing why they are putting you on paper, it's kinda of hard to say. They didn't give you any clues during the review? Was there anything on the review itself that was noted as needing improvement?

Has there been any change in who supervises you? Have you heard any complaints from the stores your team services?

It is possible that they just no longer want you there and are going to manage you out, probably hoping you'll quit rather than force them to fire you. If I were you, and this was truly out of the blue and you've never done/said anything that might be problematic, I'd start looking for another job. Some places, once they put you on paper, there is no coming back. You are gone, it's just a matter of how long it takes.

Default Re: Given a Performance Write Up

Quote Quoting Zeus661
    View Post
    I have not had discussion about my results in detail with them yet because I am waiting to see exactly what the write up states. What does anyone advise?
    I think at this point the only smart advice you’ll get is to wait until you get the write-up to see what your superiors say. After all, until you see that their issues are with your performance, how can you know whether you agree with them or how to deal with it?

1. Sponsored Links