Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How Soon Does a Traffic Court Have to Notify You of Your Court Date

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

So I received a traffic ticked from an officer at the end of December and since I was challenging it I sent in my request for a court date and the officers statement. I waited for weeks to receive the statement and my court date and when I did it was postmarked as of January 28th and my court date is February 11th. Isn't the court supposed to give you ample time to prepare for your court date? I was wondering if I can get my date rescheduled or even dismissed since now I can't take the time off work.

Default Re: How Soon Does a Traffic Court Have to Notify You of Your Court Date

When exactly, dates please, did you receive the ticket? When exactly did you request discovery? When exactly did you send your ticket in marked for contested hearing? What date exactly did you receive the court date/discovery? Have you received discovery as well as the court date?

The ticket was Postmarked December 28th and I mailed it back on January 11th. I finally received the officers statement and notice of hearing on February 1st.

You are now implying the ticket was mailed to you? If so, what was the date of the alleged infraction?

the infraction occurred on December 26th. it was mailed to me since I was incapacitated and taken by ambulance with a concussion and a gash in my head.

If you want to scan the discovery you received, redact any identifying information and post it using an image hosting site, the WA experts can take a look at it.

http://imgur.com/a/xHEQS
    He listed my truck as the wrong truck. Is that something I should (or shouldn't) bring up at my court date?
    He also didnt state that I was cut off by another driver which had caused me to slam on my brakes. he didn't get any witnesses and he talked to me before I had been checked out medically.

The stuff where he is saying what you did, did he ask you and you told him that?

I had told him that a truck had cut me off and I had to slam my brakes. There was a car in front of me that I was already slowing down for but when the truck cut me off and hit his brakes I had to slam my brakes and then my back end slid out and I rolled.

Okay. Standby for the WA experts.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast