Default Can You Sue a Professor for Embarrassing You in Class

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Dc, Maryland, Delaware , PA

Hello,
    My professor told me to stand up in class for a conversation with several students.
    He then interrupted me and told a story about my home country since I am an international student.
    The way the professor said it was humiliating. He got ever single student to laugh at me and he laughed with them.

He also asked me to take the final and the midterm on my own, and allowed other students to take a group midterm and a group final.
    After the semester finished also gave me a bad grade.

I want to know, if i file a lawsuit in the USA would I be expelled from the university because I am on a student Visa.
    Also, what is the maximum day to wait due to my circumstances if I was going to be expelled.

Default Re: Can You Sue a Professor for Embarrassing You in Class

Is this a public or private university? Have you spoken to the professor, department chair or your university's equal rights department if they have one?

Default Re: Can You Sue a Professor for Embarrassing You in Class

Quote Quoting Abdullah
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: Dc, Maryland, Delaware , PA
    Obviously that can't be correct. Figure out where the college is actually located, and tell us.
    Quote Quoting Abdullah
    He then interrupted me and told a story about my home country since I am an international student.
    The way the professor said it was humiliating.
    Why?
    Quote Quoting Abdullah
    He got ever single student to laugh at me and he laughed with them.
    That's not unusual when somebody tells a funny story. But you have not indicated any connection with you, other than that it was somehow related to your nation of origin.
    Quote Quoting Abdullah
    He also asked me to take the final and the midterm on my own, and allowed other students to take a group midterm and a group final.
    Why?
    Quote Quoting Abdullah
    After the semester finished also gave me a bad grade.
    Lots of students get bad grades, usually because they're the grades they earned. It's a safe bet that your school has an appeal process that you can follow if you believe the grade was inappropriate.
    Quote Quoting Abdullah
    I want to know, if i file a lawsuit in the USA would I be expelled from the university because I am on a student Visa.
    You're not going to be expelled for filing a lawsuit, but so far you've not given us any indication that you have the basis for a non-frivolous lawsuit.
    Quote Quoting Abdullah
    Also, what is the maximum day to wait due to my circumstances if I was going to be expelled.
    I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

If you mean that you have been expelled due to your poor grades, you would normally have a 15-day grace period to leave the U.S.

1. Sponsored Links