Default Can You be Prosecuted for Making Crude Posts to Facebook

About a month ago I uploaded a number of inappropriate posts to Facebook. To compete with my friends I'd upload photos with wads of cash, or status' boasting about the number of girls I'd been with. I would sometimes go to the bank to take out huge sums of cash and boast about how rich I was. I wrote a number of crude status', boasting about seeing prostitutes, and making references to anal sex. Reflecting back I can't believe how stupid I was posting the things I did, but at the time I thought it was funny, showing off made me feel powerful, at a time in my life where I had very little else having just lost my job.
    My legal question is this, how lucky was I/am I not to be facing any kind of legal action. Would someone have had to report one of my posts/photos for me to potentially face any legal action? I'm aware there's a huge amount of crude stuff on the internet, so am I over-thinking this issue and was I in fact never in any danger of facing legal trouble?
    Is there a line between indecency, and violating the law online? If so, what is it where i'm based in England (Birmingham)-and if I did cross it am I lucky not to have been in serious trouble?
    Thanks! Sam

Default Re: Social Media Indecency

Last I heard, England was not a state in the US. What do you know that I don't?

I'm aware, I couldn't find any UK legal discussion forums that had enough people using it to function. I understand the specifics between US and UK law are different, I just was looking for any general advice or things people know about the way the law is enforced online particularly on social media. That will give me a clearer indication of where I stand. Thanks, Sam

Quote Quoting SamMorison
    View Post
    I'm aware, I couldn't find any UK legal discussion forums that had enough people using it to function. I understand the specifics between US and UK law are different, I just was looking for any general advice or things people know about the way the law is enforced online particularly on social media. That will give me a clearer indication of where I stand. Thanks, Sam
    Go forth and sin no more. And Google "UK law forums".
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

general advice concerning US laws will provide you nothing in regards to UK law

unless you guys wish to submit to us and be our 51st state.

Boy wouldn't that be poetic justice.

1. Sponsored Links