Default Can Felony Charges Be Removed from Your Record

My question involves criminal law for the state of: North Carolina ; can a person have felony charges removed from their record in any way? And if so how would one go about it?

Default Re: Can Felony Charges Be Removed

Quote Quoting jeffreyr
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: North Carolina ; can a person have felony charges removed from their record in any way? And if so how would one go about it?
    There's no expungement of felony convictions. You could try for a pardon, but it's HIGHLY UNLIKELY you'll be granted one. The governor typically has only issued a one or two a year.

Default Re: Can Felony Charges Be Removed from Your Record

Quote Quoting jeffreyr
    View Post
    Under NCGS 15A-145.5, NC does permit expungement of some felony convictions. However, only certain class H or I felonies (and misdemeanors other than class A1 misdemeanors) stemming from a single event can be expunged and only after fifteen years have passed since the final disposition of all parts of the sentence (including probation) and if no other expungement has ever been granted. You would apply through the court of conviction.

If you don't qualify under 15A-145, though, you're out of luck.

1. Sponsored Links