Default Can an Adult Under Guardianship Get Married

My mother is the ward and I don't necessarily mind her dating, but I feel like a marriage could complicate the guardianship. I live in Ohio, is it against the law for her to marry? What would happen if she did? Related question, should I let her date? I'm all about free will and doing what makes you happy so I don't mind she does, but my siblings feel opposite. They feel if she is capable of dating, she does not need a guardian and that a mentally disabled person basically just shouldn't date. In experience, what works best?

Default Re: Should (or Can) the Ward Date/Marry

Quote Quoting kill4silence
    View Post
    My mother is the ward and I don't necessarily mind her dating, but I feel like a marriage could complicate the guardianship. I live in Ohio, is it against the law for her to marry? What would happen if she did? Related question, should I let her date? I'm all about free will and doing what makes you happy so I don't mind she does, but my siblings feel opposite. They feel if she is capable of dating, she does not need a guardian and that a mentally disabled person basically just shouldn't date. In experience, what works best?
    What is her disability? Depending on what it is it may not be safe for her to date.

1. Sponsored Links