Default When Will a Foreign Nation Learn About Your Criminal Record if You Visit as a Tourist

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Illinois

I live in Illinois and am no longer on the sex offender registry. I have been off of it for 2 years.
    My partner and I are wanting to take a trip to the Galapagos Islands which are a part of Ecuador.
    I have heard that Interpol is issuing Green Notices for everyone with a criminal record who travels out of the US to another country.
    I do not know if Ecuador is part of the Interpol network that sends/receives those notices.

My question is: should we even plan to go? Or, if the answer can't be found here, can someone point me to sources that would tell me, accurately, find the answers to my questions.

Thanks.

Default Re: When Will a Foreign Nation Learn About Your Criminal Record if You Visit as a Tou

This is a question best addressed to Ecuadorian immigration authorities or to a lawyer in that nation. This forum focuses on U.S. law.

Default Re: When Will a Foreign Nation Learn About Your Criminal Record if You Visit as a Tou

You could ask the court that convicted you whether you criminal record has been shared with any foreign authority. I doubt it, but I can see why you'd want to be certain. If you had a lawyer, I would try asking him too.

That's probably the silliest thing I've read today. The court has no way of knowing who has pulled somebody's criminal record, nor would somebody's lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links