Default Selling Drugs to a Confidential Informant

My question involves criminal law for the state of: I am being accused of selling to a confidentiail informant and I am facing 4 charges of "Manufacturing & Delivery" of methemphetamines. The only evidence they have is the Confidential informant if she testifies. They have no other evidence against me for the most part and when they performed a raid on my residence they found meth downstairs in my roommates room, along with little gem baggies. The only thing they found in my room was paraphenelia. The DA is wanting 8 years in and 6 out,and has offered to remove 3 of the charges, hit me with the one charge and the sentancing would be argued in court. Meaning the DA will have his reccommendation and the just would have the final say of sentancing. I got a paper motion of discovery and also finally got some videos they have of the CI going into my residence and coming back out. Also audio (which was minimal), but you can make out my voice. Also one time she was clearly putting her hand in her Bra on the way out. And she was searched but no female officer searched her but they did claim to search her before and after. It is for small amounts. The county where I live in is small and the DA seems to be sticking to his guns wanting prison time. My lawyer filed a motion to reveal the CI's identity and what she had at stake to do the work for them. The DA said he would reveal that information, but if he did ALL DEALS ARE OFF. In interrigation I lawyered up and did not say anything. So the case is going to rely on having the CI as a testimony. SO I am not sure right now if I should accept the offer and hope the judge sentances me lightly, or take it to trial. I have admitted myself into a 6 month christian rehab and believe that will help, but still uncecided if I should go to trial. Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Default Re: Selling Drugs to a Confidential Informant

You chose not to follow the instruction to identify your state. You should discuss your situation with your lawyer based upon the full facts of your case and the laws of your state, and consider your lawyer's counsel.

Given that you're not telling us that anything that the confidential informant has told the police and prosecutor is anything but true, there is apparently an audio recording of your selling the drugs, and you had baggies that probably match the ones used to package the drugs sold to the informant, it does not sound like a strong case to take to trial.

Get a lawyer

Quote Quoting Pizzaman1337
    View Post
    Get a lawyer
    He stated (multiple times) that he is already working with a lawyer.

Quote Quoting Pringle
    View Post
    He stated (multiple times) that he is already working with a lawyer.
    Well multiple times he should be talking ONLY with his lawyer about the details.

1. Sponsored Links